Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Even in the best of times, Gilly would probably be the last to cotton on to change.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Even in the best of times, Gilly would probably be the last to cotton on to change.
    Not the most incisive of commentators but I still enjoy watching him and generally find MGF almost compulsory viewing.

On another matter. Very pleased to open my Age this morning and see two great articles on the Swans (one on Jetts and the other on Teddy) taking up a whole page. Out of the ordinary for a game that is not even being played in Melbourne. I can't see the Jetts article online but here is the Teddy one.

Swans benefit as Richards sizes up situation

I think the lid may come off if we give the Eagles a bit of a touch-up on Sunday (which would not surprise me given their outs).

Swansongster, go to the Teddy posting and you will find ugg's link on Jetts to a west aust paper.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Opti-pessi-misti
    I just listened to Leigh Matthews on afl.com express his bemusement at the Swans being on top of the ladder! According to hiim we are a top 4 or 5 team. I usually like hearing his comments as he can be quite an astute commentator however in this I think he is off the mark.

I can see why he doesn't rate us more highly. We are yet to string together 4 quarters of top 4 football. We are as yet unable to kill off the opposition when we get streets ahead, etc. Where I think he is off the mark is that we have a lot of upside. When Goodes and Mummy get into full stride and Parker gets back in the thick of things we will go up a notch or two. Even if we were to finish 4th or 5th we will still be in with a chance - Leigh Matthews!!

This is a bit off topic but I think TDL should be part of our plan for the finals but how do we fit him in! Would anyone consider McGlynn make way for TDL when Parker gets back in? Parker would provide the extra grunt and TDL has the Xfactor to enhance our forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    This is a bit off topic but I think TDL should be part of our plan for the finals but how do we fit him in! Would anyone consider McGlynn make way for TDL when Parker gets back in? Parker would provide the extra grunt and TDL has the Xfactor to enhance our forward line.
    IMHO - No!

Benny is a must. He is our Schneider-type from the Premiership line-up. An important cog for big games.

Went to the North Melbourne vs Carlton game last night, mate of mine bought 'The footy Record', in the section where they review last week's games, for our game against Brisbans, they had picture of Jarred McVeigh handballing during that game and the caption underneath said........."and Mark McVeigh was one of the swans best against the lions last week".

The saga continues......

And 'Leroy Jetta has improved this year for the Swans'

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Happy and I know it
    Some commentators in Melbourne seem to actually observe better than others. Perceptive artice by Rohan Connolly.
    It's business as usual as Swans fly under radar
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Why the "Oh Dear"?

I assume the article/ headline initially called Sam Ben before it was edited.