Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Lions

Spot on Wardy!

McGlynn just cracks me up. Jonno Brown looked silly going after him with the size difference, but Benny was up for it.

I'd forgotten about that falcon too. Hilarious.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Great summation Wardy!

Gotta love little Benny, the epitome of small man syndrome, he is class

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree it was just a "par" performance but we can't expect champagne every week. The Lions put work into our two primary outside drivers of recent weeks. Jack copped a Raines tag, while Stiller effectively cut down Jetta's space. I thought Jack worked hard to break free but didn't find the time and space he often does, while Jets probably sat back and allowed himself to be squeezed out of the game. But had we needed him to, he could well have been able to lift his intensity.
    Jetta's play won't suit the SCG if he has someone standing goal side of him all game. However, and this is a significant string to the Swans bow, on bigger grounds he will be harder to stop - effectively opening another avenue that smart teams should block on the smaller ground.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    That is really bitchy! But basically correct. Rich was doing as he wanted but in the second half they shut him down.
    I think JPK took him in the 2nd

Did anyone see Benny punch someone? Bit of a rumour I heard
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

LRT

Does LRT wear boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Spot on Wardy!

McGlynn just cracks me up. Jonno Brown looked silly going after him with the size difference, but Benny was up for it.

I'd forgotten about that falcon too. Hilarious.
    McGlynn spoke about it in his post match....funny stuff. Said he wouldn't front up to him on the other side of the white line.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Army boots?, Nah my mum does. Seriously he slipped over 3 times on a slippery ground, WTBD?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Jetta's play won't suit the SCG if he has someone standing goal side of him all game. However, and this is a significant string to the Swans bow, on bigger grounds he will be harder to stop - effectively opening another avenue that smart teams should block on the smaller ground.
    I don't agree with you! If he gets in the right spot he will take off. But last night he had a major problem in that the guy he was playing on was just as fast as him. That makes it hard for the fast break if he can't get at least 10m on a bloke as fast as him it is going to be hard to hit the goals. But he did what good players do he layed the ball off to players in a better posie!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    We have a very good win over a team that had recently found some winning form and we sit top of the ladder at the end of this round, but this thread is full of a lot of negativity or indifference about it (save a few posters). No wonder I dont come to this site very often any more. For those of you who can't see the many positives in last night's game, read this:

Behold Swans in flight
    Look Cruiser I am not negative about this win as I believe they were travelling quite well. We brought them down to earth and reminded them of their place in the pecking order. I am not being superior I am just stating fact. The Swans are so far ahead of the Lions that there is a whole racecourse between us. The distance between Randwick and Doomben would have been shorter than the gap in class between the Swans and the Lions yesterday. We were not at our best but we were pretty good in spurts. We do have the class to go all the way but it is about management and only time will tell. I think we have to blood a couple of blokes to get them ready just in case an experienced player comes a cropper.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I think JPK took him in the 2nd

Did anyone see Benny punch someone? Bit of a rumour I heard
    He gave Brownie a punch in the gob after Brownie got all 'MACHO' with him and tried to play 'I'm the big boy you are the small I will pick on you'. Bennie decided this wasn't going to happen and fronted him big time and he got some help too from Joey!!!@!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I am surprised more teams haven't put serious work into him. The Dogs did, and now the Lions but most have let him have his space. Maybe they're still waking up to how dangerous he's become. Some of the better teams won't bother marking him closely - teams like Collingwood think they're good enough not to have to.

The great thing about Jetta is that he is not a one-trick pony. Yes, he is quick with ball in hand, but his sensational delivery into the forward line even when he's not on the run means he can be damaging for us even when he's not allowed to go charging up the wing unchecked.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast