Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Gawd, didn't realize I had stumbled onto the junior Sunday school website by mistake! I thought this was a footy discussion board?
    You forgot the

See that would add the warm fuzzy's and by pass the need for a silly song. You can't argue logic with forum posters.

Personally, I'm with you in that we will have a band aid ruck this week as Seaby is injured and Mummy is only a short term injury.

PS. Added the warm fuzzy at the end.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    You forgot the

See that would add the warm fuzzy's and by pass the need for a silly song. You can't argue logic with forum posters.

Personally, I'm with you in that we will have a band aid ruck this week as Seaby is injured and Mummy is only a short term injury.

PS. Added the warm fuzzy at the end.
    No wonder some people don't bother with this site so much any more. Posting stuff that is either a direct attack on people that post here, or an indirect attack on those who would prefer to see a bit more decency shown on here, does absolutely nothing for those of us that like to use this forum for a good, intelligent and often fun forum about the team we all love so much.

I believe there were recent reminders on the rules that should be followed on this site. I would suggest that anyone that finds it too difficult to follow these guidelines on common decency should take whatever is bugging them elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Considering we have only 3 ruckmen on the list, hopefully one of Mummy or Seaby is available after this weekend. I don't consider LRT or Jesse or anyone else to be any more than a stop-gap option, so taking on anyone else other than the Suns with just Mike isn't really the best outcome.

We used to have this really promising young ruckman about 10 years ago - Adam something-or-other..... Goodes - that's it.....I think he went on to bigger and better things in other positions... He's tall, could probably still jump a bit..... hmmmm....
    He was a fill in ruckman too!!! I'm sure Goodsie never seriously thought he would be playing ruck on an extended basis but due to circumstances at the time he had to. I am sure he is far happier now playing the role he does than having to jump all day over players between 5 & 9 inches taller than him.

Luke Parker will be on the plane to Gold Coast.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Luke Parker will be on the plane to Gold Coast.
    So will Trent Dennis-Lane, Mitch Morton, Nathan Gordon, Jesse White and Harry Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So will Trent Dennis-Lane, Mitch Morton, Nathan Gordon, Jesse White and Harry Cunningham
    Have you got some inside info Ugg? I got that Lukie one off the Swans website. Longmire did mention Jesse, TDL & Tony Armstrong in his press conference as players capable of coming in and doing a job.

Have you got some inside info Ugg? I got that Lukie one off the Swans website. Longmire did mention Jesse, TDL & Tony Armstrong in his press conference as players capable of coming in and doing a job.
    I think Ugg's point was that the reserves are playing on the Gold Coast as well!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I heard (from the same place as Ugg, I think) that Moore will be on the plane.

[Damn it plugger - we could have strung that out for a while longer...]

What I think will happen:
    Parker in as sub
    Everitt full game

Hardly ground breaking

What I hope:

White in (in his home town)
    Feed him plenty of the ball
    Hopefully he kicks a few goals
    Trade him to the GC at seasons end.

Unlikely... but it would be a coup.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

If I was going for balance , I wouldnt keep everitt in when second ruck is LRT. Personally I would go Parker and TDL in , everitt and mumford out. I think TDL can bring more to the table than everitt. Parker as sub.

I would also like to see white in for one last chance against a weaker team like the suns but I dont see it happenning unless they decided to swap LRT for him which is highly unlikely.

And for what its worth on the rucking debate, i think Pyke has surpassed Seaby as second best ruck. The last time seaby played first ruck he looked slow . I think the injury that prevented him being traded stops him being able to play first ruck anymore. Pyke takes a better contested mark , he tackles better and he is a better tap ruckmen. The only area seaby is now stronger is in kicking for goal.

But I dont believe we can win the premiership without Mumford and Pyke together in the side.
    Last edited by Mr Magoo; 26th July 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Parker clearly needs game time - it would make no sense to bring him in as the sub.

Persoanlly hoping for:

Outs: Mumford, Everitt
    Ins: Parker, TDL

Bird or Malceski subs.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bird wouldn't be out of place as the sub, the two times he has done it this season have been against the weaker teams in Melbourne and GWS where tagging one of their players isn't of paramount importance.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast