Page 53 of 463 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

I think he is worth Jesse and pick 22, feel free to tweet @sydneyswans No Premiership Player 4 Tippett #no2012pp4tippett

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAgent View Post
    I think he is worth Jesse and pick 22, feel free to tweet @sydneyswans No Premiership Player 4 Tippett #no2012pp4tippett
    Nice idea, but I'm sure the club won't listen to us.
    They know what they are doing. I have faith in their decision making.

Pushing for Selection
    So guys what is the actual detail/rules involved in the process if we can't agree with Adelaide over a Tippett deal and he then goes to the draft? Does Tippett have the right to refuse other clubs if they can't match the money that he has already agreed with us? Or if a he doesnt want to go to say a Melbourne club based on the 'lifestyle' issue? Or technically, can a club before us in the draft (all clubs) just play hard ball and pick him, then tell him he is on $400k a year?

Adelaide is all bluster right now. I reckon we give them the best we can offer given our own interests and if they think that's unacceptable we should just sit on our hands and wait for them to blink. They're not idiots; they'll want something for him. If they don't concede, well they ultimately loose anyway and we're largely unaffected.

I think we are in prime position though. Lots to gain if a favourable trade goes through, not much to loose if the trade doesn't happen.

Senior Player
    Enough of this madness. Surely it's time for a "Fevola?" thread.

Fevola claims interest from AFL clubs

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    So guys what is the actual detail/rules involved in the process if we can't agree with Adelaide over a Tippett deal and he then goes to the draft? Does Tippett have the right to refuse other clubs if they can't match the money that he has already agreed with us? Or if a he doesnt want to go to say a Melbourne club based on the 'lifestyle' issue? Or technically, can a club before us in the draft (all clubs) just play hard ball and pick him, then tell him he is on $400k a year?
    If a deal isn't struck Tippett goes through the PSD. GWS have the first pick, but they won't take him given they already have 2 brilliant young KPFs. GC is next and they'll take him. He does stick the price the Swans offered him on his head which means a lot of clubs are priced out, but really that won't matter as GC has the money and the inclination. Tippett's still happy, Adelaide will crack the sads.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    If a deal isn't struck Tippett goes through the PSD. GWS have the first pick, but they won't take him given they already have 2 brilliant young KPFs. GC is next and they'll take him. He does stick the price the Swans offered him on his head which means a lot of clubs are priced out, but really that won't matter as GC has the money and the inclination. Tippett's still happy, Adelaide will crack the sads.
    On the latest draft order the Suns dont have a first round pick left - gave no.2 away.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    On the latest draft order the Suns dont have a first round pick left - gave no.2 away.
    Brisbane could take him at pick 8

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Tippett will be snapped in the PSD not the ND. You can't trade away PSD picks.

I'm afraid Tippett will make us too tall

Tippett?

Tippett allows Goodes to roam though, he won't be required to play as a key forward.

Re: Tippett?

We'll get Tippett and it'll be on our terms. Adelaide will stall and stall, but ultimately something is better than nothing.

He chose Sydney, no club will want a guy who doesn't want to be there.