Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch Morton

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Longmire would still have gone for MM if Benny was fit.
    I read that too, but agree with Mr.Koala, they are completely different type of players. So it's not an either/or situation. In turns of like for like, I think Bird would have been the unlucky one.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    Here's our two favourite boys, before they saw the light and played for a REAL team!!

Attachment 822
    Are you thinking that's Benny McGlynn....methinks not. ??? Sue me, but it doesn't look anything like him . :-)
    Last edited by sharp9; 16th February 2013 at 10:00 PM.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Are you thinking that's Benny McGlynn....methinks not. ??? Sue me, but it doesn't look anything like him . :-)
    Doesn't look like him to me either but if you google both names this photo comes up.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sorry to take this thread off topic, but what's the story behind Morton not playing in the intra games the past 2 weeks? He's been running laps but I don't recall any of the injury reports mentioning he had an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sorry to take this thread off topic, but what's the story behind Morton not playing in the intra games the past 2 weeks? He's been running laps but I don't recall any of the injury reports mentioning he had an issue?
    If you don't know, not much chance anyone else will!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    This is on Mitch's profile on the Swans website:

"Pre-season has been really good. He?s had a couple of niggles but he hasn?t missed too many sessions and his fitness is really good and he?s running close to his PB in the 3km time trial.

We hope in 2013 that he plays more games for us like he did in the finals. We hope that he gets in earlier than he did last year and holds onto his spot and contributes to the team like he did last year."

Personally I'm a big fan of Mitch and how he's developed with the Swans and really hope he can keep his place in the side ....
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    That's what the caption says on AFLphotos.com. This pic is from 2007 I think?
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Great article in The Age by Caroline Wilson today on our Mitch. Well worth a read.

Regular in the Side
    Second that. Interesting that the SMH online has same article with several key parts left out. Def read the longer AGE version. His honesty is humbling and the story explains a lot. Courageous young man.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Sounds like major league anxiety issues
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Great article in The Age by Caroline Wilson today on our Mitch. Well worth a read.
    The agony before and after the ecstasy

Possibly the best "Caro" article ever!

Mitch was my favorite story out of the Grand final. I hope he has a huge year for us.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Sounds like major league anxiety issues
    It certainly does, particularly manifesting itself in physical symptoms like vomiting before games.

Fans can get on a player's case for everything, not leading hard enough, not chasing, not putting their head over the ball- but sometimes we don't know everything, and sometimes for guys like Mitch just running out on the field means he's already overcome something that to him is probably a hell of a lot more terrifying than putting your head over the ball is to Jude. Dealing with the potential of physical pain versus mental anguish take different types of bravery, who are we to judge which one is more courageous?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast