Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 14: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves

Veterans List
    I've banged on about our lack of depth since draft time and if Goodes is another casualty then next week we will need to call on another untried player. Now is the time for Towers to step up!

Thanks for your brilliant work again Ugg, a great read and great insights in our ressies.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: J. Lloyd, J. Lockyer, S. Biggs, H. Cunningham

Yeeps, looks like they didn't think much of Towers' game after all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    The boys have to go from freezing to hot and humid, hard to acclimatise and it does sap you. Too few listed players, it shows just how many injuries we have. Thanks once again Ugg. Jordan Weir can play FF.
    I just came back from The Alice Wolfie, and I can tell you that it's DAMN COLD up there - I'm betting that the NT Thunder finds it harder to adjust to climate changing than the Magoos do.
    But, yes, too few listed players, yes, injuries are hurting the team and not just the players, and yes, JW can play FF if required.
    The toppies that train with the seniors (Wray and Pieris) were not taken to the game and that wouldn't help

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, always value your work, even when we lose!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: J. Lloyd, J. Lockyer, S. Biggs, H. Cunningham

Yeeps, looks like they didn't think much of Towers' game after all.
    Interesting. The commentators in the live stream were saying that BJ was clearly the best in front of Towers
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Interesting. The commentators in the live stream were saying that BJ was clearly the best in front of Towers
    The "bests" in the reserves rarely seems to equate to the players who had the most apparent impact on the game. I suspect there is a bit of reward for "playing your role" and a bit of encouragement going on with the naming of the bests.

That said, it is good to see Harry's name on the list. I wonder how close he is to full fitness after his knee injury. We badly need to gamble on one of the newbies with pace in the senior team until Jetta is fit again. Brandon didn't disgrace himself in the quarter he played against the Crows, but I reckon he really needs another pre-season or so to build up his body strength before he is ready to really make an impact. Harry is a more solid build, is a year older, and while not quite as quick as Jack, he does have some zip about him. Would love to see him get a go in the seniors sometime soon.

What liz said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Wouldn't put too much trust in their opinion since they regularly mixed up swans although they did a much better job than the Canberra based commentators

ressie footage and the son that is Brandon !

SwansTV: Reserves Highlights v NT Thunder R14 - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

good to see Towers playing more upfront !!

I know it is a massive call but Brandon is on track to being a serious Senior level player in a season two

he has taken to AFL within 3yrs or so of playing like a Swan to a lake !!!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Yeah he does look good in that video, could be something special

He is developing very nicely. I am peeved I won't get to see him play this week as the Twos are at Blacktown. All the Twos are developing very well. I noticed in the last two games Deano has been good and last week Dick seems to have got involved. Marsh seems to be getting a bit and seems a very strong mid. Of course you Lloydy is a gem too. Biggs just keeps on, so consistent.

In the words of Kath Day..."I like what I see"
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast