Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Melbourne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    His VCE? I don't think so, Mexican.
    Haha. As I was typing I kept thinking HSC. I guess my fingers and brain aren't connected.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I believe he got in the 90's for his VCE. So maybe that is what they are referring to

Along with Hanners, Kizza is most definitely a popular target for jibes and good natured ribbing from teammates.

If he was a little bit precious and a terrible hypocrite to boot, he'd probably be just stepping off a plane in Port Douglas about now after hearing Joey take the piss...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Along with Hanners, Kizza is most definitely a popular target for jibes and good natured ribbing from teammates.
    You can see why those two are as thick as thieves....

Lots of knee-jerk reaction on here. I'm first to agree that we have played better but there's a lot of doom and gloom after a 5 goal win in a game that we never looked like losing.

1. Melbourne are different under Craig and were never going to lose by 100. Their skill still isn't there but the effort certainly is. They had a win last week and have a lot more committment.

2. We kicked 16 20. Had we kicked 5 or 6 of the ones we missed (and they were simple kicks mostly) we'd have won by 10 goals and noone would be complaining.

3. We had to use our sub in the first quarter, and although that sub kicked 4 goals, it certainly affected our set up.

4. We still have a lot of players out and had 2 playing their first games back after injury (although one of them didn't last long)

5. We were away and Melbourne were clearly out to show last week was no fluke.

6. The umpiring certainly was perplexing, but I think it was equally poor for both teams.

7. Dwayne Russell was awful. There were two teams out there but you'd barely have known. Dunstall & Lynch were far better.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    We won at the MCG

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    7. Dwayne Russell was awful. There were two teams out there but you'd barely have known. Dunstall & Lynch were far better.
    Is the commentators job to make a one-sided game seem better than it is. They were trying to talk melbourne up to keep it interesting for the non-Sydney viewers.

Have you not listened to the BS that sprout about the hopeless Giants.?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

2. We kicked 16 20. Had we kicked 5 or 6 of the ones we missed (and they were simple kicks mostly) we'd have won by 10 goals and noone would be complaining.
    Yeah, I probably would be. I expected a 100+point win.
    Maybe my expectations were a bit high...

Next week I am adapting them and only expect a 10 goal win.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I'll admit that I went to today's game expecting a pumping from the Swans.
    Always hard when you have limited vision (from the boundary rather than on screen) but what I saw was....

1. Can't remember the last time I saw so much fumbling and so many easy marks dropped from the Swans
    2. Melbourne are better than I thought (or are at least playing with renewed vigor) and are very fit. Constantly outran Swans. We lacked speed overall, but most match ups went Melbourne's way for speed.
    3. Melbourne marked pretty much everything, and made excellent position to take uncontested marks. Swans weren't man on man enough.
    4. Rampe is quickly becoming my favorite player. When he gets it, I am confident he will use it well, and if he doesn't, he generally makes up for it with a second of third effort. He'd also be one of our most confident players.
    5. From what I saw of Grundy, he was slow - bordering on looking lazy.

So as I said, I expected to win by a lot more, but I guess I can say (in the words of Gary Lyon circa 15 years ago) "we played down to their level"
    This has been a trend of him in the recent games. Coaching staff should get stuck into him for he is starting to be a worry in defense. If he is struggling because of illness or injury then he should be rested.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    This has been a trend of him in the recent games. Coaching staff should get stuck into him for he is starting to be a worry in defense. If he is struggling because of illness or injury then he should be rested.
    He was worst on the ground but in his defense some of his errors were caused by woeful handballs to him, mind you his kick over the head of ROK was pathetic. If ROK marks it he was strolling into goal that would have put us up by 56 points. The turnover cost us a goal and hence a 2 goal turnaround.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    I know we have had a heap of injuries, but that's not out of the ordinary in this demanding sport.
    What impresses me are the players, and of course dread putting the mock on any of them, so will avoid listing them, who stay healthy week after week , month after month .
    They seem to have that developed or given skill to somehow avoid injuries that stop them playing. They must know when to move or or shimmy or whatever to protect themselves, knowing that its far more useful to remain healthy for themselves and for the team. Some in every team have courage which borders on pushing the envelope just too far, like Jonathon Brown and Nick Reiwoldt .
    Some like Tommy Walsh are giving up their all no matter what the consequences to try to secure a place in the team.
    I'm really amazed by the continuously healthy players and how they do it.
    HP

Well, that went well. So much for the grand experiment! It may eventuate Swans never have all their talls fit at the same time. Get well soon Sam... again.

Melbourne played pretty much to type, their past form was both because Neeld couldn't coach and his players knew what was needed to be rid of him. Sydney were good, except when they weren't, and for the most part controlled the game though did scant with it. If you kick it between the big posts, you get 6 points. Grundy looked dangerous - to our chance of victory. Maybe he has the flu, there's a lot of it going about. Did you see Ryan the red nosed Rhino? ROK was still solid as and with the Jack boys unveiling their masterplan of world domination, the future looks kinda neat.

Percentage boosters against lesser teams would be nice but I'd trade big winning margins for injury free small ones any game of the week.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast