Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Thanks Ugg and other ressies watchers for the rub on our twos. I notice that two of the toppies/academy players have 14 (Wray) and 16 (Weir) games respectively. Are they any good? Do they have a future with the club?

Sweet home Novacastria
    Spinks played in Newcastle. He is the small bloke with the massive blonde Afro.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Live streaming of the match is great, but does the website have any way that it can be watched later if I'm busy at game time?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Thanks Ugg. No LRT I see.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Live streaming of the match is great, but does the website have any way that it can be watched later if I'm busy at game time?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you can view all the streamed games throughout the season on their YouTube channel

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Game being streamed on neafl.com.au

Also I'm tweeting from the game @swansreserves

Or if you're free why not come to the game? Cya there!

Thanks Ugg its been a real pleasure reading your reserves previews and after game reports, work has kept me away from footy for most of this season so I really appreciate the effort you put into this, your a legend mate.

Cheers

waz

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    NEAFL site supplies replays from Monday or Tuesday onward. You can even watch matches from weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugg, firstly thank you for all the hard work during the season. Jared Crouch and the coaching staff for the Twos are doing a wonderful job and it shows by the way young players have been able to slot into the seniors. I was also impressed by the win over Giants, we literally flogged them. I wonder if Rhyce will be on the boundary giving the kids advice, he has a pretty good footy brain and Crouchy has used him to help with the backline while he has been injured. Horse says Jetts will get about 60 mins on the park today. I will be watching the stream as I can't get out to Blacktown

- - - Updated - - -

The commentators keep calling Thomas Head Plugg, I am sure neither Bradley ot Thomas will be pleased. One of them is barracking for Belconnen. jeets is a long way from seniors at this stage by the looks of it. Towers pretty good. Like Spinks' speed and he is a quick thinker, maybe a rookie chance. Xav is a polished backman. A few of the toppies have really shown something today but of them all Lloyd Perris is all class, got to pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    NEAFL site supplies replays from Monday or Tuesday onward. You can even watch matches from weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugg, firstly thank you for all the hard work during the season. Jared Crouch and the coaching staff for the Twos are doing a wonderful job and it shows by the way young players have been able to slot into the seniors. I was also impressed by the win over Giants, we literally flogged them. I wonder if Rhyce will be on the boundary giving the kids advice, he has a pretty good footy brain and Crouchy has used him to help with the backline while he has been injured. Horse says Jetts will get about 60 mins on the park today. I will be watching the stream as I can't get out to Blacktown

- - - Updated - - -

The commentators keep calling Thomas Head Plugg, I am sure neither Bradley ot Thomas will be pleased. One of them is barracking for Belconnen. jeets is a long way from seniors at this stage by the looks of it. Towers pretty good. Like Spinks' speed and he is a quick thinker, maybe a rookie chance. Xav is a polished backman. A few of the toppies have really shown something today but of them all Lloyd Perris is all class, got to pick him up.
    Perris is already coming to us through the academy system - really like what I'm seeing from him. Jetta has started the second half very nicely, with a nice long kick for goal there. I do wonder if the problem hasn't just been shin soreness - I notice Jetta has no taping on his knees either today, which was an omnipresent for large parts of last year and early this year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Perris is already coming to us through the academy system - really like what I'm seeing from him. Jetta has started the second half very nicely, with a nice long kick for goal there. I do wonder if the problem hasn't just been shin soreness - I notice Jetta has no taping on his knees either today, which was an omnipresent for large parts of last year and early this year.
    Yes the goal was a beauty more like the stuff we are used to from him. He was having trouble getting rhythm and the bounce of the ball seemed to be eluding him. That is all lack of match conditioning and playing in match conditions. Perris could be picked up by an opposition club if we don't list him before the national draft don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes the goal was a beauty more like the stuff we are used to from him. He was having trouble getting rhythm and the bounce of the ball seemed to be eluding him. That is all lack of match conditioning and playing in match conditions. Perris could be picked up by an opposition club if we don't list him before the national draft don't forget.
    That's true, but we would be exceptionally stupid not to list him, and all indications seem to be that we will. I really like the look of him, he has got plenty of talent. Towers and Membrey have both been good today as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That's true, but we would be exceptionally stupid not to list him, and all indications seem to be that we will. I really like the look of him, he has got plenty of talent. Towers and Membrey have both been good today as well.
    Agreed Towers is really so classy and Timbo is kicking a lot of goals. The stupid commentators one of whom professed to knowing Bradley Plugg from Balmain kept calling Head, Plug, all day. No wonder Plugg had a great game according to them as he was getting all the possessions for Thomas as well as his.

Really impressed with the Twos and the way they went about it with so many toppies, who were all pretty good by the way. I am not sure of Matty Dick though, his delivery is sometimes appalling. He gets the ball easily enough and has good pace but butchers two out of three disposals. Lockyer was very good again today and might just save himself. But I would prefer he was downgraded to rookie to let him know he has plenty of improvement to go yet. That would leave room for another player who has been better and more consistent.

Xav Richards is a class above this comp and it shows. His opponent today was the leading goal kicker and he kept him goalless I think. I think the future is very bright indeed. Big Sammy N is looking good and Jetts had a good work out but went off before the last, I don't know when because I got a phone call about 10 mins into the third. By the way Sammy N showed his talent today, very clever with the ball in hand and works hard into position. He is really fast and mobile for a big guy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast