Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    SYDNEY SWANS
    Goal Kickers: T. Membrey 6, D. Towers 2, L. Perris 2, S. Naismith 2, J. Lamb 2, T. Armstrong , L. Jetta , S. Wray , T. Green , B. Hoctor , M. Spinks , T. Head , J. Zoppo , J. Lloyd
    Best Players: J. Lamb, J. Lloyd, D. Robinson, T. Membrey, T. Armstrong, L. Perris

Jetta got the early shower - I think it was a problem with the right leg. He didn't do nearly enough to get the call-up for next week, though his pace is explosive !
    I liked Jed Lamb who worked hard all day and provided on-field leadership.
    And I like Membery - kicked plenty of goals as well as playing up the ground - his opponent really had no idea how to deal with the situation.

Wray (top-up) was good too. Played in defence on Shane Harris, the goal sneak, and kept him out of the game early. Belconnen persisted in looking for Harris but they found it hard to score that way because Wray was well on top. Belco had to move Lokan down there, and then Wray played around the ground - still effective. Kicked a couple I think.

What can the future hold for Tim Membery ? As good as he is, he's competing in a Melbourne Cup field for a goal kicking place in the team; I'd say he'd almost be playing in the one's at a different club.

What can the future hold for Tim Membery ? As good as he is, he's competing in a Melbourne Cup field for a goal kicking place in the team; I'd say he'd almost be playing in the one's at a different club.[/QUOTE]

Remeber around four players leave a afl club each years so there are always position to fill year in year out. So the more positions you can play in the better the chance of playing the following year. If he can learn to play in though the centre at time, he will become a goal kicking forward/centrer that all clubs need. He get game time next year.

Great observations. Wray did a great job but I'm surprised they didn't try one of our listed players on him. Might not have done as well but surely would have been a good chance to play on a good forward.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Jetta got the early shower - I think it was a problem with the right leg. He didn't do nearly enough to get the call-up for next week, though his pace is explosive !
    I liked Jed Lamb who worked hard all day and provided on-field leadership.
    And I like Membery - kicked plenty of goals as well as playing up the ground - his opponent really had no idea how to deal with the situation.

Wray (top-up) was good too. Played in defence on Shane Harris, the goal sneak, and kept him out of the game early. Belconnen persisted in looking for Harris but they found it hard to score that way because Wray was well on top. Belco had to move Lokan down there, and then Wray played around the ground - still effective. Kicked a couple I think.

What can the future hold for Tim Membery ? As good as he is, he's competing in a Melbourne Cup field for a goal kicking place in the team; I'd say he'd almost be playing in the one's at a different club.
    Still a leg problem with Jetta? Is he no good injury-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Still a leg problem with Jetta? Is he no good injury-wise?
    He ran fast and straight, as we would expect, but seemed to spend a lot of time on the pine. Taken off in the third as Wolftone said and I didn't detect any limping. But off came the sock and he spent time on the bench before heading for the showers. Go figure.

I think it was a pre-planned move, there didn't seem to be too much consternation from Jetta or the bench or even Longmire who was there.
    Last edited by ugg; 31st August 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    He ran fast and straight, as we would expect, but seemed to spend a lot of time on the pine. Taken off in the third as Wolftone said and I didn't detect any limping. But off came the sock and he spent time on the bench before heading for the showers. Go figure.
    I expect it was just about managing his game time. The commentators - while catching a breath from barracking for Belconnen - mentioned they had spoken to Swans officials who had commented they were planning of giving him 60 minutes of footy.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And the final score was?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And the final score was?
    23.12 (150) to 10.9 (69)

I'd expect the only place we will see Jetta is as Sub if he is right fitness wise to come back into the seniors. I do doubt that will be next week - perhaps the thinking will be not to take the risk next week and hope the seniors get up, so that he can get another game in in the NEAFL conference final, and come back for a Prelim. Looked far off the pace in the parts I watched, but he's been out a long time, and we can't expect too much.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

No ressies game next week of course and then the GF in two weeks time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast