Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Had a chat to someone in the know at Kippax yesterday, they said that Tippett was carrying an injury into the game and was touch and go (Lamb would have replaced him) but Tippett himself gave the A-OK just before game time.

YAY WOW teddy is free to play, wonderful news, but I hate to think what all the Victorian whingers will say!

Quote Originally Posted by sidswan View Post
    YAY WOW teddy is free to play, wonderful news, but I hate to think what all the Victorian whingers will say!
    They'll probably blame the COLA
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    They'll probably blame the COLA
    London to a brick that the term "protected species" will be used on footy boards.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    London to a brick that the term "protected species" will be used on footy boards.
    Probably my 2 most hated AFL weasel words....

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Goodsie has been carrying a knee injury which normally would mean an operation to remove cartilage. If the cartilage is floating then he will not be right without an op. The other thing is age creeps up on everyone and while in the eyes of society in general Goodsie is a young man in footy terms he is a venerable old man.
    wolf

as far as I am aware after listening to Adam Goodes describe his injury - he has torn his meniscus on the other leg ie not the same leg he tore his meniscus originally

You can have half of your meniscus (like i do) and once recovered feel very strong in the knee - I can play soccer again an not notice its affects !

BUT i must say it takes a lot longer to heal then the common 4 to 6 weeks as some people say...........4 to 6 weeks is for a very low grade tear or not even tear

It has taken me 10 to 12 weeks to be able to run a full speed and lateral sprints

I think Adam is ready for 2014 and so is White !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Don't normally deal much in rumours, but heard one today through what is supposedly a solid source. A colleague of my dads is apparently a friend of a lady who works at the swans in a physio role. According to this source, our team were struck with the flu last week. Also Mcveigh has an ankle injury that is his major concern, not his knee and he won't play. Finally, that Goodes is not going to be able to play footy again, He's done! cannot vouch for the accuracy of this, but thought I'd throw it out there to see what RWOers make of it!
    I think your Dad's colleague was trying to impress him.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Had a chat to someone in the know at Kippax yesterday, they said that Tippett was carrying an injury into the game and was touch and go (Lamb would have replaced him) but Tippett himself gave the A-OK just before game time.
    Hopefully it wasn't Melbourne Blood Dad's colleague.

Brian Taylor kept going on and on at how distressed Tippett was looking and I couldn't see it. It was the stupid comments of the first qtr that got balanced out by more stupid comments in the last.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Yeah, the Mcveigh one certainly was a load of crap. The Goodes one, well have to wait and see...

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324