Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Perris Joins The Rookie List

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Everitt has been linked to Port but then again so have a lot of players
    I'd like to see Armstrong moved on, and keep Everitt if he wants to stay.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Perris Joins The Rookie List

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I'd like to see Armstrong moved on, and keep Everitt if he wants to stay.
    Much like White, Everitt's never going to be as valuable as he is now. He was give his opportunity to shine this year and did well, which would have grabbed the attention of other clubs.

But, with AJ, LRT and maybe Reid competing for tall positions next year, barring injury he's unlikely to hold down a regular spot in the firsts. The longer he plays in the NEAFL, the more his trade (and, for him, potential salary) value will fall.

Now is the time for him and he should go with our best wishes and thanks for the work he did standing up during a very difficult year.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think this hints to a promotion for Brandon Jack. Our current rookie list consists of

Category A (max of 6, depending on size of senior list)
    Dane Rampe
    Jake Lloyd
    Xavier Richards
    Shane Biggs

Category B (max of 3)
    Brandon Jack
    Daniel Robinson
    Sam Naismith

Perris would be classed as a Category B (not sure if they could classify him as a Category A if the Swans wanted to) and we also have the American Patrick Mitchell joining Category B. That means 2 spots will have to be cleared, one should be Jack getting a promotion to the senior list but the second spot is a bit iffier. Delisting or promoting Robinson and/or Naismith doesn't make much sense, perhaps they can somehow slide them over to Category A, with Rampe certain to get a promotion too and probably Biggs as well.

I thought Internationals were extra and not counted as "locals"...they certainly used to be. Also....for the last freakin' time....Rampe has ALREADY signed a contract so he MUST be on primary list already (for 2014) unless he was completely stoooopid and signed a rookie contract halfway through a season when he was in the top five first year players IN THE LEAGUE!

Isn't Perris, technically, a scholarship player rather than NSW rookie? Maybe he is a category A then rather than B.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Best description of Lloyd Perris comes by way of a tweet from Brandon Jack. He called him a minimorto.

Pretty close I would say. Without the upchucking.

He WAS a scholarship and has been signed to Sydney Rookie status. Works all round. How many rookies were upgraded this year for the Swans? Just about all of them, so it leaves doors open all round.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Best description of Lloyd Perris comes by way of a tweet from Brandon Jack. He called him a minimorto.

Pretty close I would say. Without the upchucking.

He WAS a scholarship and has been signed to Sydney Rookie status. Works all round. How many rookies were upgraded this year for the Swans? Just about all of them, so it leaves doors open all round.
    Thanks for the clarification...as for Rookie Upgrades...yes there were four - but it is common for players who play from rookie list to not get upgraded for the following season. No reason to do so for Richards, Biggs and Jack...if we have 3 picks under, say, 40 we would be mad to upgrade rookies who don't need to be upgraded. Biggs and Jack might get drafted elsewhere but I doubt they'd run the risk of ending up at St. Kilda or Gold Coast.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Wasn't Robinson a scholarship player? If so, then I would imagine Perris would or could fall into the B category as well.

After Rampe, I would upgrade Lloyd and Biggs. Given that it doesn't seem that we will be landing as many top round picks as originally thought, we should have the space for 3 upgrades; it's a bit too early to tell at this point how many slots will open. It may come down to what happens with Armstrong and Walsh.

I think there will be at least 8 leaving the club and so far Franklin and Perris coming in, excluding Pat Mitchell, who comes outside of the list totals.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rookie list rules here

Rookie Players - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought Everitt made a lot of progress this year, rounding out his game quite nicely. I saw him as a long term LRT replacement, someone that could play many roles.

If he's getting offers elsewhere, good luck to him but I'll be sad to see him go. He was one of our good news stories this year. With his height and pace he's a handy player to have on the list.

I count six players out (Mattner, Mumford, Morton, White, Bolton, Everitt) and one (probably) in. We better not have any injuries next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Also....for the last freakin' time....Rampe has ALREADY signed a contract so he MUST be on primary list already (for 2014) unless he was completely stoooopid and signed a rookie contract halfway through a season when he was in the top five first year players IN THE LEAGUE!
    Curse and shout all you like, he's not on a senior list until draft day and I haven't seen any suggestion here or elsewhere that he won't be upgraded when the draft rolls around.

Please point me to the post that suggested he won't be on our senior list next year so I can place that poster on my 'grain of salt' list...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If he's getting offers elsewhere, good luck to him but I'll be sad to see him go. He was one of our good news stories this year. With his height and pace he's a handy player to have on the list.
    My now 21yo daughter has #13 on the back of her jumper from her Schneider infatuation as an 11yo.

I told her that we may get rid of Incy so Buddy can wear thirteen, thirteeeeeeeeen!!!!!
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Curse and shout all you like, he's not on a senior list until draft day and I haven't seen any suggestion here or elsewhere that he won't be upgraded when the draft rolls around.

Please point me to the post that suggested he won't be on our senior list next year so I can place that poster on my 'grain of salt' list...

- - - Updated - - -

My now 21yo daughter has #13 on the back of her jumper from her Schneider infatuation as an 11yo.

I told her that we may get rid of Incy so Buddy can wear thirteen, thirteeeeeeeeen!!!!!
    Sorry Triple B but you are at least the fourth person to wonder "if" or suggest we "might" upgrade Rampe...or to suggest we might keep him on Rookie List to get a better pick in. Great call on number for Buddy.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast