Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone worried about our ruck problems? Not now we have Derickx

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Who this then?
    25yo left handed ruckman from Coburg Tigers. Delisted by Richmond. Can ruck. Can play forward and kick goals. But has had plenty of opportunities, and never looked better than ordinary. Would be a surprise pick.

Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    25yo left handed ruckman from Coburg Tigers. Delisted by Richmond. Can ruck. Can play forward and kick goals. But has had plenty of opportunities, and never looked better than ordinary. Would be a surprise pick.
    YOUi (ie cheap) insurance in case Pyke, Tippett, Naismith, LRT, Mitchell (heck, even the smaller Mitchell too) all go down & we run out of ruck options until we can sign someone better next year

Don't worry, Richmond never had Steve Taubert ... the Ruck Whisperer will turn 201cm Derickx into the next Wil Minson - but with a 2cm height advantage

Goes up to 11
    A good pick up - he'd shown some promise for the Tigers in some preseason matches but never kicked on. In terms of ruck insurance it's a good move - he'd be more capable of doing ok if called upon for a game or two than our rookies at this stage.

Hope we now pick a solid defender with our first pick....

The Tom Derickx Story.......

Out of the Draft: Tom Derickx - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Methinks Mr Taubert is going to be earning his jelly snakes this off season.....

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Don't worry, Richmond never had Steve Taubert ... the Ruck Whisperer will turn 201cm Derickx into the next Wil Minson - but with a 2cm height advantage
    Beat me to it. First thing I thought. Steve Taubert I mean.

The combination of accents over 200cm could develop into a secret code!

Another fine advantage is that he is a good looking man. That's me happy. Shallow but happy
    Last edited by Primmy; 18th November 2013 at 11:21 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Beat me to it. First thing I thought.Another fine advantage is that he is a genuinely good looking man. That's me happy. Shallow but happy
    Tut tut!

Swans grab unwanted Tiger ruckman - AFL.com.au

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Swans sign Tom Derickx as a delisted free agent

We've signed a backup ruck man for pykie. Delisted big man Tom Derickx from Richmond

25 yr old soon to be 26 next month. Only managed 2 games in his 3 seasons at the tigers.

Don't know anything about this guy
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Swans sign Tom Derickx as a delisted free agent

So does that mean we don't use pick 53 now?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    So does that mean we don't use pick 53 now?
    I think he is quite tall, over 200cm but purely a tall presence on the ground if needed, unless the ruck whisperer can drag a bit more out of him. Been signed for insurance only.

If he's been signed onto the senior ist it does mean we don't need to use 53 to reach our minimum of 38 players. Suggest we'd see who's there at 53 and may or may not use it accordingly.

Tom Derickx
    Australian Rules Footballer
    Tom Derickx is an Australian rules footballer currently playing for the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League. Derickx was drafted to Richmond with the 63rd selection in 2010 AFL Draft from the Claremont Football Club in the WAFL. Wikipedia
    Born: December 7, 1987 (age 25)
    Height: 2.01 m
    Weight: 99 kg
    Career start: 2011
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The only memory I have of his 2 AFL games was playing in that Richmond v Gold Coast game in 2012 when the Suns kicked 2 very late goals to win, with Karmichael Hunt booting the winner on the siren. He made some dodgy play that led to a turnover for one of the goals and Roosy absolutely excoriated him for it on On The Couch. I'll see whether it's up on YouTube.i

Here it is: 6m40sec in, 10 points up, drops a uncontested mark with 43 seconds to go leading to a turnover and Harbrow's goal.

Last edited by ugg; 18th November 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast