Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: pre season updates

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    Well at least they get to drive home in their luxury cars and then go home to a brand new place with aircon while watching tv on their massive LED and drinking from what i assume are crates of supplement drink thats housed in the latest biggest modern fridge. And they get be healthy and look good and then go to sleep with a babe next to them.

I really feel for these highly paid footballers while i sit in a poor office with recycled air blowing earning enough for me to survive for this week and barely pay my mortgage and then being unbale to sleep because the woman i married snores like a truck driver and is starting to look like one as well.

Nah no pity.
    Trade her while she still has some value.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Again managed to get to training today and it was definitely a lot more exciting than Monday.

Noticeable absentees - Brandon Jack (that was it)

Firstly got there to see the "rehab group" consisting of AJ, Shaw, Hewitt, Reid, Grundy, Biggs and Walsh....
    (Hewitt Pictured)

and of course Jetta who was watching on....

Noticed he had strapping on his right knee (only to find out later that he had surgery on it)

The Forwards group did their own thing with contested marking drills between Pyke Vs Tippett with interestingly Tom Mitchell being the crumber.

Again their training session consisted of a @@@@load of running again.

Now the fun part. The players played a mini scratch match with medium contact. 2 halves at about 10 minutes each. Red vs Yellow teams. From the rehab group Reid and Shaw participated perhaps signalling they are fully back into it.
    The game itself was a bit sloppy. Skills were a bit iffy but the intensity was good to see. The red team took it out 5 goals to 2 i think. The ruck battle between Derickx and Naismith was pretty physical. Naismith got the better of Tom thanks to his height and reach but Derickx was extremely physical giving every little bit of a contest.

Standouts from the match to my memory were Mcveigh, Mcglynn, Aliir (took some nice contested marks down back against Patrick Mitchell. Yes i know not a big feat) and Kennedy.
    There was a bit of agro too with Big Nankervis (who was playing FF) not enjoying the close checking of Teddy. Nanko won a free which Teddy made him earn then Nanko being on the ground gave Teddy a nice big 2 handed push away which sent Teddy flying back a bit.

(Buddy Looking on)

Overall as ROK shouted out the match showed "Great Intensity Boys." And despite some sloppy play it was good to see them having a bit of a kick in anger.

Some of my fave pics from the scratch match.

(Rampe on his right)

Some bad news from the match though as Malceski hobbled off at half time and was later seen to have his thigh wrapped up in ice. Hopefully it was precautionary.

After that there were game scenario drills, firstly from the kick out getting it past defensive 50. and finally the other way going into the forward 50 and finding a leading man. Both drills involved medium contact.
    Finally it was fantastic to see Reid back taking some nice marks on the lead in this drill.

Ok that's it from me. Here is the whole set again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffers...7639853229945/
    Last edited by Jeffers1984; 17th January 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Also Patrick Mitchell seemed to have injured a groin in the following drills after the scratch match.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Latest from the official site: Jetts has minor operation (should be ok by round 1) and Naismith still growing.
    Big Sammy has to put two beds end on end as it is. He certainly doesn't have dwarfism unless it is dwarfing everyone else. He is said to be 203cm in the Swans stats but in articales last year he went from 205 to 208cm. If he grows much more he will get mistaken for an extra goalpost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Again managed to get to training today and it was definitely a lot more exciting than Monday.

Noticeable absentees - Brandon Jack (that was it)

Firstly got there to see the "rehab group" consisting of AJ, Shaw, Hewitt, Reid, Grundy, Biggs and Walsh....
    (Hewitt Pictured)

and of course Jetta who was watching on....

Noticed he had strapping on his right knee (only to find out later that he had surgery on it)

The Forwards group did their own thing with contested marking drills between Pyke Vs Tippett with interestingly Tom Mitchell being the crumber.

Again their training session consisted of a @@@@load of running again.

Now the fun part. The players played a mini scratch match with medium contact. 2 halves at about 10 minutes each. Red vs Yellow teams. From the rehab group Reid and Shaw participated perhaps signalling they are fully back into it.
    The game itself was a bit sloppy. Skills were a bit iffy but the intensity was good to see. The red team took it out 5 goals to 2 i think. The ruck battle between Derickx and Naismith was pretty physical. Naismith got the better of Tom thanks to his height and reach but Derickx was extremely physical giving every little bit of a contest.

Standouts from the match to my memory were Mcveigh, Mcglynn, Aliir (took some nice contested marks down back against Patrick Mitchell. Yes i know not a big feat) and Kennedy.
    There was a bit of agro too with Big Nankervis (who was playing FF) not enjoying the close checking of Teddy. Nanko won a free which Teddy made him earn then Nanko being on the ground gave Teddy a nice big 2 handed push away which sent Teddy flying back a bit.

(Buddy Looking on)

Overall as ROK shouted out the match showed "Great Intensity Boys." And despite some sloppy play it was good to see them having a bit of a kick in anger.

Some of my fave pics from the scratch match.

(Rampe on his right)

Some bad news from the match though as Malceski hobbled off at half time and was later seen to have his thigh wrapped up in ice. Hopefully it was precautionary.

After that there were game scenario drills, firstly from the kick out getting it past defensive 50. and finally the other way going into the forward 50 and finding a leading man. Both drills involved medium contact.
    Finally it was fantastic to see Reid back taking some nice marks on the lead in this drill.

Ok that's it from me. Here is the whole set again.

Swans Training 17/01/2014 - a set on Flickr

Wonderful pics Jeffers. I was just looking at Deano towers' ball drop and kicking style. It is what I would give a the best example to kids of how to kick the ball. Beautiful straight drop & straight leg kick and follow through. Wonderful shot that can be used time and again in the how to manual.

Thanks Jeffers. Some of the pics were terrific.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    awesome thanks!

Jetts puts Olympian to the test - sydneyswans.com.au

just picked up this video from a few weeks ago

at the 3min mark there is a guy taking on Hannes in the sprint - looks taller then hannes with a mop of hair

does anyone know who he is ? fairly similar height, look and build to Rampe but not Rampe obviously
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Jetts puts Olympian to the test - sydneyswans.com.au

just picked up this video from a few weeks ago

at the 3min mark there is a guy taking on Hannes in the sprint - looks taller then hannes with a mop of hair

does anyone know who he is ? fairly similar height, look and build to Rampe but not Rampe obviously
    I think academy player Abe Davis.

-

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    From the 2014 Membership thread, just in case anyone missed it

Sydney Swans intra-club match
    Wednesday, February 12, 5pm
    Lakeside Oval (opposite SCG). Free entry.

Something a little different this year, perhaps to escape the heat of the usual 9am start?

thanks THeGONG correcto - he is below too

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Abe+Dav...+5/kjLPh9hpOEe

Im wondering what role he is being groomed for ?

he appears to be a Gary Rohan type role - med forward ?

i found this quote from the NSW ACT game vs QLD in 2013

"Prospects Abe Davis and Isaac Heeney, both eligible for the 2014 NAB AFL Draft, also showed glimpses for NSW/ACT. Davis read the ball well in the air while Heeney, a midfielder, competed around the contests. "

AFL Photos - Galleries - AFL Photo Galleries

heeney

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_i...cleID=24003688
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 23rd January 2014 at 06:08 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"