Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: comings & goings for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Offal View Post
    A lot of third grade players gone from Power to Moorebank including some really good clubmen.

The Power were caught between a rock and a hard place with the decision to pull the pin on their third grade. Can understand the players leaving to get a kick somewhere else.
    They will have a very tough time adjusting to the flat, green surface of Rosedale with a cricket pitch at ground level.

Regular in the Side
    Taren point to Warwick Farm is a fair hike. How many players were left stranded? Maybe St George had a few extras and could have combined to form a div 4 team. Do the dragons and power get along?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Boy View Post
    Taren point to Warwick Farm is a fair hike. How many players were left stranded? Maybe St George had a few extras and could have combined to form a div 4 team. Do the dragons and power get along?
    Shires a pretty big place. Sutho to Rosedale not a lot different to olds. Probably closer to Rosedale if your coming From heathcote.

Teddy Strudwick to North Shore. He went from there to the Baulko Neafls and was handy at the higher level. Now he's back to where he started and he'll be a great asset.
    The SFL website talked North Shore down for this year....maybe it's just a tactic by the Bombers to fly under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Teddy Strudwick to North Shore. He went from there to the Baulko Neafls and was handy at the higher level. Now he's back to where he started and he'll be a great asset.
    The SFL website talked North Shore down for this year....maybe it's just a tactic by the Bombers to fly under the radar.
    Great move nth shore. Teddy good neafl player but heart always nth shore he gave higher level a crack.. No doubt handy pick up for nth shore... But based on neafl eagles team this season and step up would not of made neafl so could blame him going home.. All the best good player and handy win for north shore.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    North Shore have recruited very well. But after crashing out of the finals in straight sets two years in a row, they're keeping a lid on expectations this time round.
    And they do fly under the radar well.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    They can't be flying under the radar too much...SydneyAFL's predictions has them finishing top 3!

I travelled to Picken to watch Penno vs Wests in a PD practice match. Penno looked underdone and lost by 3-4 goals for what it's worth. A good Penno recruit in Lloyd Shepherd (#5) and an equally good Wests recruit in Williamson (#16), evidently from Tasmania.
    Wests claimed to be 23 down on available players but, as someone said to me, "That's Kevin for ya !" Wests looked to have plenty of go-ers, even though a few looked as though they'd been patronising the local food courts in the off-season.
    Surprisingly big crowd considering it was only a training run.
    The ground looks a treat - never seen it looking so good - and the new boundary fence is a good look. Reckon they'd be wanting to move the boundary line in a bit as the no-mans zone looks a bit dangerously narrow.
    The new "scoreboard" is a bit of a worry but, to their credit, it was clearly visible and I think the Wests kids kept it accurate...but who can tell in a practice match.
    The canteen was excellent, (as we expect at Wests home games) and plenty of helpers on hand.

Wests has had a few down years, on and off the field, but I liked what I saw, both on and off. I wish them well.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 22nd March 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Give the bloke a chance, hate the negativity on this board.....
    We played them last week. Luke didn't play. He coached from sideline. Very polite and as a team they were pretty committed to each other

Penrith played Campbelltown today at Monarch in firsts and reserves. Town got up by 23 points in the ones in a good hitout. Pretty even match throughout but Town punished us in the turnovers. Happy with the result and both teams seemed to get through unscathed. In the two's, a 7 goal final qtr by Penrith saw them win by 10 goals after Town got to within a goal during the third qtr. All played in good spirit.

Hey TimF..........
    Most of the better Hills Eagles players, some long standing, are being re-assigned to the NEAFL - what's that about ?
    I'm sure it's just bookkeeping entries, but does it mean that they're lost to Premier Division ?

Any one who plays neafl will go out via clearances, this includes top ups, then if dropped or coing back in you will see a lot of movement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast