Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 versus Kangaroos

EDIT - Whoops, wrong thread!
    -

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Wrong thread!
    Push in the back.

If Macca gets charged, then there is something seriously wrong with the system. His feet were on the ground. He braced himself and was run into by the oncoming player, who just took a graze on the chin, with most of the impact being shoulder on shoulder. Macca did not initiate contact. But then again, who knows how the system works.

On the other hand, Lindsay Thomas made contact to the head with a swinging arm reminiscent of what got McGlynn 3 weeks suspension last year.

With Reid still out, hard to see many changes. ROK could find a role this week in trying lock down Cunnington, who get plenty of the ball, but is almost as slow as Ryan. Could be a good matchup that may work in our favour.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Macca cleared as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    On the other hand, Lindsay Thomas made contact to the head with a swinging arm reminiscent of what got McGlynn 3 weeks suspension last year.....
    That little @@@@ is a protected species....

2012 - slides in and breaks Gazza's leg and walks free. Nek minnit (well, 12 months later) a rule is introduced to penalise that very action as it is downright dangerous.

2013 - initiates contact off the ball, splits Ben Reid's head open and walks free. Nek minnit it is a reportable offence and actual fair players like Fyfe and Taylor Hunt are doing time.

@@@@ I hate Norf and he is at the head of the hate list.

He's my new Didak.....just a germ.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That little @@@@ is a protected species....

2012 - slides in and breaks Gazza's leg and walks free. Nek minnit (well, 12 months later) a rule is introduced to penalise that very action as it is downright dangerous.

2013 - initiates contact off the ball, splits Ben Reid's head open and walks free. Nek minnit it is a reportable offence and actual fair players like Fyfe and Taylor Hunt are doing time.

@@@@ I hate Norf and he is at the head of the hate list.

He's my new Didak.....just a germ.
    I'm hearing you!!!

Veterans List
    I'm thinking it's time for Biggs to get some more senior time. I thought he was impressive for a rookie being thrown in at the pointy end of the year and apparently can hit a target by foot. Just what we need off half back!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm thinking it's time for Biggs to get some more senior time. I thought he was impressive for a rookie being thrown in at the pointy end of the year and apparently can hit a target by foot. Just what we need off half back!
    Biggs to me was interesting. Yes run and good kick off halfback. But last year I was disappointed with him missing tackles in defence so I'm nervous too. Who would you suggest makes way for him ? Possibly mcveigh moves further upfield instead of ROK with Biggs across halfback like mcveigh has been. But that is a big structural change and mcveigh played so well moat of last year across Hb. Could work quite well though. Mcveigh played well on outer ring from throw ins and I think scored a goal on the weekend from that

Dilemmas and decisions.

Reid stuck in the marsh but Bird might fly

Reid to miss at least two - sydneyswans.com.au
    -

Isn't it something that our injury list comprises 5 KPPs.

It's 5 weeks to the Hawthorn game. Is it possible that Tippett, Goodes and Reid could all be available for that game? Or is it just a crazy dream?

It's 5 weeks to the Hawthorn game. Is it possible that Tippett, Goodes and Reid could all be available for that game? Or is it just a crazy dream?
    I'm dreaming it!

Suspended by the MRP

This is just my opinion and I'm not a physio.

I think Tippett will come back during the round six Melbourne game. Some sources think he may get up for Fremantle, but I think the Swans will be conservative.

I think Reid will come back through the round seven game against the a Lions. Knowing what happened last year, the Swans will be conservative with him as well.

I don't know about Goodes. Every time he has attempted to build up his training intensity his knee has flared up. I'm not sure what it would mean for his career if his knee flares up again. If he gets through training he may come into the side in round 9 or 10. I think his first two games back will be in the Subs vest. What a super sun?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast