Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Sydney

Precentage booster.
    Should have beat them by 100.
    Not too shabby... poos and wees next week.
    Ugh.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

THat was probably our best game for the season. We had trouble with ball use and decision-making up forward in the first quarter, but from halfway through the second we went up a gear and put the opposition to the sword as we should have.

The best thing was the midfield just smashed it. Derrickx was pretty good in Pyke's absence.
    Interesting question of Lloyd v Mitchell. On tonight's performance you'd have to give Lloyd another go.

Our

I liked the uniform...all white. Looks good.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    I liked the uniform...all white. Looks good.
    Are we directed by the afl to wear a particular strip?

I'm not sure jumper clash would be an issue tonight.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Did Derrickx ruck the entire second half? I can't remember seeing anyone give him a rest.
    He spent 99% Time On Ground according to afl.com.au. What a Herculean effort!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Agreed. Well played Bo. I'll shout him a coffee next time I see him at Westfield BJ
    Ha Ha. Is Westfield BJ now the favourite Coffee Club venue amongst the Swans Players? I remember in the past it used to be Westfield East Gardens. Probably reflects a cultural and Lifestyle shift as more Swans players gravitate closer to Bondi Beach.

Senior Player
    My two cents worth.

The midfield was excellent tonight. Clearance work and movement through the corridor was generally very good. This was made a lot easier by brisbanes lack of pressure

To derrickx looked much better after pyke was subbed out. Maybe I have been a bit harsh in him remembering he still had very few afl games under his belt.

Reid struggled with his skills in the air and at ground. Hope fully that will improve with a few games

Jake Lloyd has earnt his place. He looked very composed ( except for his first disposal). Great to see him goal and be in the action so much.

I love rampe really love him but he has to learn to stay on his mark. He was called to play on far too many times tonight for moving off his mark and that lead to handovers more often than not.

Well done swans. Great to be back in the top eight. Hope fully we can stay in 6th depending on what percentages are after tomorrow's games

Senior Player
    I also thought tonight was our best performance of the year. Important players played well. Super impressed by Jake Lloyd. Goodesy still has it; great to have another game under his belt unscathed. Kieran looked great up forward. Derickx did look ropey in the first quarter, and he isn't particularly skilled, but he tries hard. Perhaps critics might cut him a little more slack for a while. I doubt they'll debut Nankervis against Hawthorn. Reprieve for LRT? I'm not sure who goes out if Tippett and Franklin are in.

Strange sort of game. Seemed like there was no intensity at all in the first half, but we ended up winning by 80.

Lloyd was impressive and probably the best game from Derrickx. He seemed to play within his limitations better...maybe because of the extra work he was stuffed and was thinking less.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Wonderful effort from Derickx last night. That's the Swans way. Yes we took awhile to get going as a team but looked pretty good once we did. We certainly switched off in the last 10-15 but I suspect that was based on coach's instructions. Add a couple of key forwards to that style of play and we'll be right in it.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Is it my imagination (or the all white strip) but I think Lewis Jetta looks a lot bigger than previously

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Is it my imagination (or the all white strip) but I think Lewis Jetta looks a lot bigger than previously
    Yes he did last night. Sadly also back to his 2011 kicking form :-/

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast