Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I have it saved as a shortcut text in my phone!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Warming the Bench
    These sort of games make it extremely difficult for me to vote in the TLM. We should have a 5 vote system for good wins

fav moment of the game against Hawks

SwansTV: Parker pressure and goal: Plays of the Day R8 - sydneyswans.com.au

I just love it when midfielders run down backs from behind..........such gut running to be in the forward line then follow the play and chase a back down from behind

Parker is simply inspiring in his pressure and then such a great kick at goal !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I chuckled when I read that Longmire said he wasn't overly concerned with Franklin kicking 2.7 against Hawthorn, as I recalled that Longmire had had a game like that himself when playing for North Melbourne.

I just looked it up (assuming Wikipedia is correct). In 1990, at 19 years old, Longmire went into the last round needing to kick four goals to get 100 for the season. Instead he kicked 2.8!

He still won the Coleman Medal that year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I totally agree with that. I was talking to a guy who thinks he is suffering from Osteitis Pubis, which is limiting his acceleration and long kicking ability. If he can shake this injury and regain his acceleration then he will be a fine pick up for the Demons as a playing assistant.
    He was not moving around the ground, looked to be restricted, even with those lovely legs, and he was directing the kids on where to go etc. How he picked up 30+ is beyond me, but he did. Started to watch him carefully and had a lovely chuckle about we call the Brett Alison Syndrome - senior player in ressies, enthusiastically coaching from within. The guys that do that, witness Henry and Jarrod Crouch, turn out to be coaches. Good ones at that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    What the ... ??? Hands down the most bizarre thing I've ever read on this forum. Awesome.
    Thank you.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I've 'acquired' a copy of the game and have started to make my way through it.

We looked slick in that first half but damn on that kicking accuracy. Lance looked like a lost puppy out there at times (nice hands though).

Kurt and Parker my stand outs for the first half. That Adam chap looks handy as well.
    -

Video on Swans' site of Franklin's dribble goal inviting us to vote for it in the Goal if the Year comp. It is great work by Buddy but what the third camera angle shows is just how clever Jetta was with his knock-on to Franklin to set it up.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Coaches' votes

Sydney vs Hawthorn

10 Hannebery (Syd)
    8 Kennedy (Syd)
    3 Burgoyne (Haw)
    3 Franklin (Syd)
    3 Parker (Syd)
    2 K. Jack (Syd)
    1 McVeigh (Syd)

None for Tippett? Astoundingly bad judgement.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    None for Tippett? Astoundingly bad judgement.
    I know right?! Those two coaches are clearly useless, what have they achieved in the last 2 years? Pfft.

Way to overreact. Men can make mistakes, and not giving Tippett a vote is one of them.