Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Nice suburban ground, with a healthy crowd gave it a lively atmosphere. Certainly more than you would get at Blacktown......
    A million thanks as always

Stats are up. Good to see Lockyer get some form Robinson ROK and Mitchell 31 possessions

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Did any of the ressies watchers take note of any defensive-midfield match-ups from the NT boys? I'd assume Mitchell had someone running with him after his 64 touches/4 goals - and if so, 31 posessions is a very tidy return.

On another note it's great to see B.Jack with such high numbers, something we haven't seen from him much yet! And the younger brigade in Hewett and Perris too finding plenty of the footy. Remarkable midfield depth in this current list.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    From memory there were no hard tags as Mitchell and ROK rotated through the forward line quite a bit. I was interested to see who we matched up on Cam Ilett and I did see both Mitchell and ROK on him at different stages, although Ilett did swap with Alwyn Davey in the forward line at times in the second half.

Pushing for Selection
    Just watching the replay, how good are our up and coming rucks. Sammy and Toby both have great skills below their feet and are good kicks. If we can keep these guys fit we will be right for quite a while.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL MVP Votes

10 Daniel Robinson Sydney Swans
    5 Liam Patrick NT Thunder
    4 Tim Membrey Sydney Swans
    3 Jordan Lockyer Sydney Swans
    3 Tom Mitchell Sydney Swans
    2 Brandon Jack Sydney Swans
    2 Ryan O'Keefe Sydney Swans
    1 Aliir Aliir Sydney Swans

Only possible breakdown
    5 Robinson, Robinson
    4 Patrick, Membrey
    3 Mitchell, Lockyer
    2 O'Keefe, Jack
    1 Aliir, Patrick

Robinson moves to the top of the leaderboard while Membrey is equal 2nd in the goalkicking charts

MVP Leaderboard as at Round 10
    38 Daniel Robinson Sydney Swans
    34 Matthew Payne Aspley
    31 Aaron Vandenberg Ainslie
    26 Alwyn Davey NT Thunder
    24 Timothy Barton Sydney University
    23 Mark Whiley UWS Giants
    22 Tom Mitchell Sydney Swans
    21 Rohan Bewick Brisbane Lions
    21 Jason Burge Southport

Goalkicker Leaderboard as at Round 10
    33 Cleve Hughes Redland
    29 Darren Ewing NT Thunder
    29 Tim Membrey Sydney Swans
    26 Edward Sansbury Aspley
    25 Christopher Dunne NT Thunder
    24 Nicholas Paine Ainslie
    24 Nick Salter Ainslie
    22 Joshua Baxter Southport
    16 Rhys Estall Redland

Looks a player Daniel Robinson. Pre season I thought he looked better than Lloyd, probably not as quick.

Interested to see if another club has a crack at him at years end. At the moment hard to see where we would play him.

Definitely knocking on the door

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Looks a player Daniel Robinson. Pre season I thought he looked better than Lloyd, probably not as quick.

Interested to see if another club has a crack at him at years end. At the moment hard to see where we would play him.

Definitely knocking on the door
    He's a bit bigger than Lloyd and, as a result, a better overhead mark. His skills aren't quite as consistent as Lloyd's but they are still reasonable enough (and improving). I think he's probably a slightly better contested ball winner, probably down to the slight size advantage. Like Lloyd, he's a good all-rounder, without any attributes that really set him apart but without any major weaknesses either. Both have bought into the Swans' philosophy of "run, run, run and then run some more", which means they are capable of racking up plenty of possessions.

Agree with your assessment Liz. It's not often you get 2 rookies in the same year that as so similar in ability. I too rated Lloyd just a tad ahead of Robinson, who could well fill out to become a fairly solid unit. We are really loading up on the inside/outside midfielder types. The 2012 rookie draft is turning out to be a real gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We are really loading up on the inside/outside midfielder types. The 2012 rookie draft is turning out to be a real gem.
    The question is whether we can hold onto all of them or not. If not who do we let go?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Agree with your assessment Liz. It's not often you get 2 rookies in the same year that as so similar in ability. I too rated Lloyd just a tad ahead of Robinson, who could well fill out to become a fairly solid unit. We are really loading up on the inside/outside midfielder types. The 2012 rookie draft is turning out to be a real gem.
    I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just asking a question. How far is Daniel Robinson behind Tom Mitchell? Do they have similar attributes? Can you see Daniel Robinson having an impact at senior level like Tom Mitchell has?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just asking a question. How far is Daniel Robinson behind Tom Mitchell? Do they have similar attributes? Can you see Daniel Robinson having an impact at senior level like Tom Mitchell has?
    Trying to drum up a bit more support for trading Mitchell again are we Matt
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast