Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Eagles march thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I think other young midfielders like Dylan Shiel and Dom Tyson are the equal of Luke Parker. The advantage that Parker has is that he plays for a top team who have midfielders like Kennedy, Jack, Hanners, Mckveigh and Jetta who need to be covered before Parker. Dom Tyson is already being heavily tagged because the Demons don't have the midfield depth.
    You're right. Playing in a team where you can learn is a huge advantage. He also has great raw talent though. He was 19 when we won our premiership and I thought he was unlucky to be the sub that game.

Veterans List
    Also, I've got to say how much fun it was seeing Jude doing the on-ground interviews after the game. So we had Goodes saying what a hard player Parker was "just like you mate" and Jude finishing with "enjoy the red-eye home". Swans culture extending everywhere - and not just P Roos on the couch anymore, thank goodness.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Same here. I enjoy reading the threads after the game as I find that if I posted during a game I would later regret what I said.

Like yesterday I was getting frustrated at the way their forwards were making easy progress into as our defence was not back quickly enough to cover the. However as the match progressed we were able to control that better and in the end our back six were brilliant (along with most of the team).
    Not a risk taker.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Luke Parker is the best under 23 midfielder in the AFL.
    Im not quite convinced he is, but he is certainly worthy of being in the discussion, along with some of the other names mentioned (Fyfe/Tyson etc).

Certainly a more than apt replacement for Jude, and he is only getting better week by week. I knew when I saw his first few games for the club back in 2011(?) that he was a good 'un - but his progress is even more rapid than I expected it to be.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I think there needs to be a ban on all RWO posting during the match...some of that negative dribble is just plain embarrassing!

It was an ultra professional win, with everyone contributing. Our pressure was as good as it's been all year bar maybe the Fremantle game.

The backline was first class, barely lost a one-on-one contest all day. Rampe and Grundy showed a lot more composure than usual whilst under pressure, Teddy, Nick and Mal are just guns. Laidler getting better by the week.

Midfield was again dominant...K.Jack was well held but Benny and Parks stepped up...Bird was just about the cleanest player below his knees on the field and Kennedy just did what he does week in, week out. Jetta loves playing on Subiaco and let's not hope that's an omen for things to come when his current contract is up.

Our less experienced players in Llloyd, B.Jack, Cunningham and Rohan might not have found heaps of the ball but they all cracked in hard and put on immense pressure.

On a horror day for forwards Goodesy had a huge influence, Reid was solid and Buddy found extra ways to contribute. It should be mentioned how well big Bud kept his cool as well, in years gone past at Hawthorn when he has been scragged and held and hampered unfairly he has generally lost the plot a bit and given away silly free kicks. Yesterday he showed great restraint and composure when he could've been forgiven for giving away free-kicks in frustration. It was as if he made the conscious decision that it wasn't going to be his day to kick a bag but he would tackle and pressure and harass for the good of the team. He is becoming an impressive leader and that's a huge credit to our famed bloods culture and ethos.

Mike battled hard all day and whilst he didn't win a heap of hit-outs he used his body really well at ground level to block and protect our midfielders. This is something that Sydney have always done better than other teams yet I don't think I've once heard it mentioned from anyone outside of the club.

Top spot is ours to lose now...a pretty strong case could be made for us starting favourites in every remaining game from here on out and anything less than a top two finish will be below-par. Bring it on.
    Don't agree on a match ban on posting. There are people overseas or don't have access to vision who like to follow comments on RWO, and why should we sterilise RWO because some people take exception to comments made during the match. People are only relating to what they are seeing on the telly and reacting accordingly. Might be dribble to you but not necessarily to others.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Don't agree on a match ban on posting. There are people overseas or don't have access to vision who like to follow comments on RWO, and why should we sterilise RWO because some people take exception to comments made during the match. People are only relating to what they are seeing on the telly and reacting accordingly. Might be dribble to you but not necessarily to others.
    It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, obviously it won't be banned - just think that people tend to go a bit overboard with the negativity in the heat of the moment. I guess that's the beauty of this forum though, everyone is rightfully entitled to their opinions.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, obviously it won't be banned - just think that people tend to go a bit overboard with the negativity in the heat of the moment. I guess that's the beauty of this forum though, everyone is rightfully entitled to their opinions.
    Yes and we all have a choice whether we read it or not.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I was out yesterday afternoon and my recording only started at half time.

Strange how that impacts upon an impression of the game. I thought the umpiring was generally pretty good - and noticed the free kicks were something like 10-8 their way in the 3rd. I much prefer under umpiring than over, and thought they let the game flow. Seems that most of the aggravation was before half time though. They let the game go - and while the Eagles got a HTB decision there were dodgy ones let go in both directions.

Go to see us get a win in the wet.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Did we get even one HTB decision in our favour?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    hey, some of us have been posting negative dribble on here since 2002...it's won us 2 premierships :-) Where were you when we collectively decided that Ted Richards was a dud? See how that turned out? And what about when we gave up a prized number 5 pick for a young bloke some on here dubbed McHack? It was just the prompting he needed! I think the vent is good and actually find it fun to read back through posts after the game.
    I think we are vindicated as none of these duds have won a brownlow or norm smith.

Although LRT gave us a scare in the 05 grand final

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Did we get even one HTB decision in our favour?
    Not in the second half. But I prefer the umps err on the side of not blowing the whistle. Particularly as far as HTB is concerned. There was one each way that clearly should have been paid but wasnt in the second half.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Haha all good points! Some of it is fine, nothing wrong with constructive criticism and it's always good to go back and look at old opinions...but there has to be a line. The last thing we want to be is fans that turn on our boys as soon as something isn't going our way like certain other supporter groups of rival clubs.
    Yes there is a line...venting doesn't cross it - microwaving your membership is a different story (or delivering a load of chicken hearts...,might be before your time that one.)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast