Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 17 V Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I love watching Robbo play - he's completely mental and by far the most entertaining Carlton player. But yes I'm glad he's out as he's a danger to himself and anyone else on the same field as him....
    Hmmm. Sounds like Lindsay Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Melb Blood Bro View Post
    Wayne Carey did too. Found that out last week.
    Yes and Wayne Carey came from Wagga and we could have had him too if our recruiters were slick enough. They weren't in those days. Got some big names up here but forgot about the future at that time.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I think its a danger game, but a professional performance from the swans will bring home 4 more points you'd hope.

Don't worry about Yarran - the Human Glove will take care of him
    Agree with it being a danger game.
    It's the SCG, Carlton tend to kick long with less handball and they have big marking targets up forward. We need to be on our game in the midfield to rob them of the initiative.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Any whispers on team selection news yet?

Would love to see Membrey rewarded with a game...form in the last couple of weeks may not have been spectacular but surely he's done enough in the early parts of the season.
    Straight swap for Rohan...give Gaz another run around in the reserves midfield or off half-back. B.Jack in the vest again. Doubt it will come to fruition but would be great...debutantes also give the team that bit extra lift as well.

Allir Allir just placed on long-term injury list...will this mean a call up for Biggs or debut for Robinson?

wonder if this may mean there's an injury we don't know about...hmmmm

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Allir Allir just placed on long-term injury list...will this mean a call up for Biggs or debut for Robinson?
    The Swans seem reluctant to activate another rookie for whatever reason. Tom Mitchell would be selected ahead of Robinson. Rohan will be moved to half back before Biggs is considered.

The only rookie I can see upgraded from here is Naismith if there is a ruck crisis.

Senior Player

Well we already knew allir was out for the season with a shoulder injury requiring surgery. That is the reason he's been placed on long term injury list.

Veteran Site Admin

Biggs a possibility, given he plays a similar role to the missing Shaw. But probably only if the club doesn't think Jones is right to go.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Biggs a possibility, given he plays a similar role to the missing Shaw. But probably only if the club doesn't think Jones is right to go.
    I doubt we would elevate someone just to cover jones ( and shaw) especially against Carlton. If we were to elevate someone it would be because they were the next to be elevated anyway. Having said that I am not against Biggs elevation. To keep the Star Wars theme going from a month ago Then we would have jake Lloyd, Luke and Biggs all in the team. Father, son and best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I doubt we would elevate someone just to cover jones ( and shaw) especially against Carlton. If we were to elevate someone it would be because they were the next to be elevated anyway. Having said that I am not against Biggs elevation. To keep the Star Wars theme going from a month ago Then we would have jake Lloyd, Luke and Biggs all in the team. Father, son and best friend.
    So love Swans fans who release their inner nerd!!

Don't forget the mentor ... Ben

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The tweet from AFL_PKeane stated no replacement named.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Well we already knew allir was out for the season with a shoulder injury requiring surgery. That is the reason he's been placed on long term injury list.
    Yeh I meant an injury from the seniors, possibly a mid may be out and we'd bring Robinson in or a defender injured and we'd bring Biggs in

- - - Updated - - -

Ugg would they be any chance to announce the upgrade at the same time as team selection or would it have had to be announced already?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast