Page 35 of 90 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    He was an A-grade wanker last night. Genuinely embarrassing. I don't know how in this day and age a club President can get away with calling another club cheats?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I hope we win the next 5 premierships and dominate everyone in every game.
    Would love to see Ed's face in 5 years!!!
    Jake Niall thinks we can.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/t...13-10glry.html
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    He was an A-grade wanker last night. Genuinely embarrassing. I don't know how in this day and age a club President can get away with calling another club cheats?
    And using the Fox Footy Channel to do so!

In imploring the Kangaroos to win, he said it would be "cosmic justice" for "that mob" (Swans). I think the reverse is happening - he's getting cosmic justice for his mob due to his sniping/jealousy.

It's amazing that he's allowed to use shows for the football public to push his own agenda. Of course, his production company could be involved in the making thereof.

Veterans List
    I stay clear of his show because his comments just infuriate me!

I'm glad I'm coming up for the game so I don't have to listen to him host the coverage on Fox.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    And using the Fox Footy Channel to do so!

In imploring the Kangaroos to win, he said it would be "cosmic justice" for "that mob" (Swans). I think the reverse is happening - he's getting cosmic justice for his mob due to his sniping/jealousy.

It's amazing that he's allowed to use shows for the football public to push his own agenda. Of course, his production company could be involved in the making thereof.
    I think I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the ratings for Ed and Derm had plummetted from the start of the season until now so hopefully the show will only have a 1 year lifespan.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I hope we win the next 5 premierships and dominate everyone in every game.
    Would love to see Ed's face in 5 years!!!
    Doubt he'd still have one - his head would have exploded

As for Dermie, he would have been better off sticking with the Doug Hawkins, Billy Brownless shtick and remained likable.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I think I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the ratings for Ed and Derm had plummetted from the start of the season until now so hopefully the show will only have a 1 year lifespan.
    Yes the ratings are dismal. Viewers have voted with their remotes and rightly so. It's not just Swans fans that are fed up with his conflicts of interest and his pro-VFL (and Collingwood) agenda.

Fox Footy greatly erred in moving After The Bounce to Wednesday to go with this as an alternative.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Yes the ratings are dismal. Viewers have voted with their remotes and rightly so. It's not just Swans fans that are fed up with his conflicts of interest and his pro-VFL (and Collingwood) agenda.

Fox Footy greatly erred in moving After The Bounce to Wednesday to go with this as an alternative.
    There was an Eddie show on Sunday nights last season too, so I am not sure they moved Bounce to accommodate the Ed and Derm show. I think they moved Bounce because they needed something on Wednesday nights. I figured they added Derm to the cast list this year in a desperate attempt to pep the show up from the dirge it was last year with Ed on his own. Clearly it hasn't worked. Ed's simply not interesting enough.

Goes up to 11
    I hope After the Bounce returns to 7.30 Sunday next year - it was a good fit for that timeslot, with a mix of light-hearted fun, some interesting but not too heavy analysis, and the panel of hosts aren't too up themselves.... Well no one is compared to the boorish Eddie I suppose. He's just a horrible footy talk show host.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I thought the reason they moved Bounce was that it was sometimes difficult for one of them to get back to the studio on time if they were commentating on a Sunday afternoon game. I miss AFL Insider though, that really got down into the nitty gritty of tactics.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought AFL Insider promised more than it delivered. Some of the tactical insights were good but there was quite a lot of repetition with the "War Room" stuff that is a feature of so much of the Friday and Saturday night Fox coverage. The regular presence of Rodney Eade was a bit of a bore too. He didn't really add much insight, other than a little of what happens at Collingwood.

There is certainly scope for something a bit more in depth and "high brow" than most of the analysis that goes on but it would be interesting to hear from a variation of club officials. Getting a couple of recruiting managers in to discuss their process would be really interesting - not discussing individual players but more what they look for in individual underage players and how they go about balancing of risk and reward.

Or maybe a couple of fitness gurus (I am sure DB would be happy to get even more exposure) discussing some of the challenges of managing a list of diverse ages and physical development.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Like a lot of people, I turn off when his head appears. For what it is worth, I sent an email to fox sports complaining about his massive conflict of interest and denigration of the swans - got an automated response saying I may not get a reply but it would be passed on. Not sure of its effect, but it made me feel better.