Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 V GWS

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    So much for the "bursting at the seams ego".
    Agree.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Livid_Swan View Post
    Maybe Mcglynn an extra week in the NEAFL and Mitchell in ?
    Won't be Mitchell. It think it will be McGlynn.

Longmire does not play Mitchell, Bird, Kennedy, and Parker in the same team.

I hope that Heeney is the sub, but judging by Longmires admission that Goodes turned down the sub role, Heeney was not going to be given the sub role. I think is would be wise to rest up Heeney before Subiaco in the vest

If McGlynn is not ready then Brandon Jack will come into the subs vest. I don't mind Brandon as sub. He can come on late in the game and apply forward chasing pressure and nail 3-4 big tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Crowd predictions for the Sydney Derby?

2nd vs 3rd.

Unfortunetly, unless you live in the eastern suburbs the venue is near impossible to get to, so 25,000.
    Give it up already Barry. We know you are cut about losing the games at ANZ, but a large portion of the fan base isn't.

Ill be driving the 3 hours from Canberra for it - should be a cracker
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Last years sell out crowds definitely reflected this.
    I'm bordering the Hills District and even though your pet stadium is closer geographically to me, the SCG takes less time to get to & from
    It's our home ground, deal with it
    ANZ has better parking and that's it. The SCG is superior in every other way. Even if it wasn't it would still be OUR ground home and like 99.9999999% of Swans supporters absolutely love that we are getting back there full time.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

2nd vs 3rd.

Unfortunetly, unless you live in the eastern suburbs the venue is near impossible to get to, so 25,000.
    Pathetic trolling attempt.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Actually I think it might be Cunningham who comes in. McGlynn will be better off playing the full NEAFL game than 1 quarter of seniors footy.

Goes up to 11

2nd vs 3rd.

I take great umbrage at this post - I don't think the match is big enough to warrant the capitalisation of the word 'derby'.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I agree. I hope the end of Adams career is handled with the dignity it deserves. I'd hate for it to be mishandled.
    This . . . I tended to err on the side that it was a rational decision for him to play this year, and he and the club would have thought about it sensibly. I am also not convinced based on one slop-bucket game and one as sub that the end has come already, and he can't yet contribute something.

And it says a fair bit about Goodes that he's made the decision he has this week.

My other instinct is both he and Horse have a huge regard for one another and will handle it all sensibly. But let's hope so, as we're talking about the one guy in our club's history who deserves to sit alongside Skilton and Kelly. When it finishes, that may well come with a recognition from both sides that time has been reached.

Done well, that's fine. And Adam can go with the reverence he has earned.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Won't be Mitchell. It think it will be McGlynn.

Longmire does not play Mitchell, Bird, Kennedy, and Parker in the same team.

I hope that Heeney is the sub, but judging by Longmires admission that Goodes turned down the sub role, Heeney was not going to be given the sub role. I think is would be wise to rest up Heeney before Subiaco in the vest

If McGlynn is not ready then Brandon Jack will come into the subs vest. I don't mind Brandon as sub. He can come on late in the game and apply forward chasing pressure and nail 3-4 big tackles.
    I'd be exceptionally suprised if they brought in Brandon Jack. I would argue that Mitchell, Cunningham, Hewett and Jones may well be in front of him in the queue. He didn't make the 'best' list in ressies last week despite having the 4th best stats (as measured by Dream Team points).

I really hope we pick Mitchell though, just so we can't avoid your ad nauseum repeating of the same theory time and time again

Mcglynn as sub is my call with no other changes - but as Ugg says, they may prefer for Mcglynn to get another full game in the ressies, and then you'd expect Cunningham is likely to be next in line.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I would have thought his fitness want the problem, he had more of a pre season this year than last. And, as a few posters have said, we haven't really had a good chance to check his form. A wet weather game at crap Stadium and half a quarter of dead time aren't really enough to completely judge.
    Maybe Adam has realised he may not be good enough anymore and wants to be seen making the choices not being " dumped " by the coach into the Ressies. He could be doing the team thing by giving up his spot so that someone, eg: Mitchell, can get a run in the seniors.
    How could he be doing the team thing by electing to go to the reserves? He was offered an AFL game at senior level and turned it down.

As sub there is sometimes an opportunity to come in early due to injury or concussion. He may have got a decent game anyway if he was the sub.

This to me could be spin on a dummy spit about senior game time.

Here's an interesting question: if Franklin or Tippett are injured is Goodes straight back in the side or are we looking at someone like Nankervis coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    How could he be doing the team thing by electing to go to the reserves? He was offered an AFL game at senior level and turned it down.

As sub there is sometimes an opportunity to come in early due to injury or concussion. He may have got a decent game anyway if he was the sub.

This to me could be spin on a dummy spit about senior game time.
    You look for drama in every little thing, don't you Matt80? One day we will all die of shock when you actually take something at face value, and not try to come up with some sort of conspiracy theory instead!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast