Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Swans still listed with an AFL team

Ex-Swans still listed with an AFL team

I wondered what sort of team could be assembled from Swans either traded or delisted who are now with other clubs.
    Assuming they're fit, there's a useful spine, but on balance, I think that we've come out ahead (although that Schneider seems a useful small forward. And he's still a rookie). Have I missed anyone?

B: Spangher, Dempster, Dick
    HB: Armstrong, Malceski, Rowe
    C: Gordon, Lamb, Biggs
    HF: Terlich, White, Everitt
    F: Membrey, Currie, Schneider
    Followers: Mumford, Simpkin + 2?
    Int: ??

We regret losing Mummy. And I think we will regret Everitt and Membrey in the long term.

Dempster and Schneider I can live with because we won a flag without them.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Pushing it but you could just about chuck Breust in, he played a few games for our 2's didn't he?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I actually don't have any issue with losing any of them. You need to look at it holistically. We keep making the top 4 or finals (we've missed once in 13 years) in a very tough and even competition. Our list management is clearly first class.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Mummy's the main loss but I think that Spangher would also be doing a job for us if was still here

Membrey had potential but there's nothing I've seen in his performances for the Saints that makes me think we made a massive mistake. Everitt would probably be a starter for us but would be bottom 6 at best.

Veteran Site Admin
    Coached by Ross Lyon, with Leigh Tudor as chief assistant. Eade and Roos can fight over the "Director of Coaching" role. Development coaches (from) Brett Kirk, Matty Nicks, Ben Mathews, Ryan O'Keefe, Jared Crouch, Henry Playfair (and probably a myriad of others I've missed).

I was thinking about this the other day. Surely we have the most and best number of players playing for other teams who we found "surplus to requirement."
    Schneider, Dempster, White, Spangher, Simpkin, Gordon, Everitt all playing regular games or at the fringe of a quality side. Then Rowe, Lamb, Dick and Biggs. It's a pretty impressive number.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. Surely we have the most and best number of players playing for other teams who we found "surplus to requirement."
    Schneider, Dempster, White, Spangher, Simpkin, Gordon, Everitt all playing regular games or at the fringe of a quality side. Then Rowe, Lamb, Dick and Biggs. It's a pretty impressive number.
    17 is definitely the largest. The next biggest is GWS with 15

This quiz has all the current AFL players that were at another club previously

AFL clubs' ex-players at another AFL club Quiz - By grimlock81

Pretty impressive stat...says a fair bit about the way our development and culture is viewed by other clubs!

- - - Updated - - -

Also interesting comparing the GWS number to the Gold Coast number.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veterans List
    How many of those players would get a game in our best 22, remember that you have to displace one of our current best 22 to fit them in.

I'm thinking only Mumford would be a walk up starter, Mal should be too, Everitt is a maybe.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    How many of those players would get a game in our best 22, remember that you have to displace one of our current best 22 to fit them in.

I'm thinking only Mumford would be a walk up starter, Mal should be too, Everitt is a maybe.
    I really like Dempster. Solid dependable.

Yeh I'd take Dempster over Laidler, Mal over Shaw, Mummy over Pyke, I like Andrejs too but it's hard to say who you'd swap him for because he's more of a utility.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast