Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 2: Aspley Hornets v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Graham Road

Agree with the comments on McLaren, his marking looked poor and really needs a big summer if he wants to make a career out of footy. That's if we keep him of course. He certainly doesn't look to have the hands to be a forward so will need to get his speed and strength up to try and hold a key back position.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

You know who should definitely be out the door? This blog and the people that persist on it. What a tribe of knowledge. What a tribe of support.
    Reach around and pat your own backs. You have surpassed yourselves, in spirit and otherwise. I will end by saying, "GO SWANS!" Well done getting into the top four. As for the bloggers that blog the "talk-talk." We need some more voices. A small handful is not enough for balance and good view. Good luck next year to the NEAFL players. I, for one, desist to exist.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
    You know who should definitely be out the door? This blog and the people that persist on it. What a tribe of knowledge. What a tribe of support.
    Reach around and pat your own backs. You have surpassed yourselves, in spirit and otherwise. I will end by saying, "GO SWANS!" Well done getting into the top four. As for the bloggers that blog the "talk-talk." We need some more voices. A small handful is not enough for balance and good view. Good luck next year to the NEAFL players. I, for one, desist to exist.
    You are shuffling off this mortal coil?

And thanks again to ugg especially, and everyone who chips in with info and opinions.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    What the......?

Whachoo talkin'about Willis?

Was a chimp tapping away on a keyboard again?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

That free kick count of 28-12 tells some of the story of the match. Maybe the loss is for the best as we will preserve our younger players from getting any serious injuries, although they still will be training.

Following up on my previous post, McClaren had no marks for the day. Really poor for a tall player at either end of the ground. He just doesn't look that he's got AFL level footy in him.

Although Mills wasn't a standout, he looked like a leader on the ground, directing other players where to go. You can just tell that he's got a lot of class. He's going to be very good.

Surely this bodes well for Marsh?! He's been, according to the coaches, our best player in the reserves all year and now he has finished strongly too. Whose judgement will the club rely on for list management of listed players if not the coaches? (OK, I guess there a be some role for list managers/recruiters too.)

Still, surely if they keep him they have to give him some opportunities at senior level and if they're not going to they may as well cut him. It seems wrong not to give your best reserves' player a chance to play seniors so, if that is how they see him, I hope they do give him a decent chance in the seniors and we get to see what he's got- and he too gets to find out whether he can cut it at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Surely this bodes well for Marsh?! He's been, according to the coaches, our best player in the reserves all year and now he has finished strongly too. Whose judgement will the club rely on for list management of listed players if not the coaches? (OK, I guess there a be some role for list managers/recruiters too.)

Still, surely if they keep him they have to give him some opportunities at senior level and if they're not going to they may as well cut him. It seems wrong not to give your best reserves' player a chance to play seniors so, if that is how they see him, I hope they do give him a decent chance in the seniors and we get to see what he's got- and he too gets to find out whether he can cut it at the highest level.
    I'd really like to see a steady as she goes approach to the list management this off season and allow the likes of Marsh, Alliir and X a cgance to prove themselves.

Goodes and Shaw will retire and indications are Robbo and Bird will be traded - Mills, Dunks an additional academy kid and Sammy being upgraded should do us this this off season.

If Jetta requests a trade to WCE, as is being increasingly mooted, then I would hope we would try and trade a player in

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please call a nurse...

Apsley thumped GWS winning by 89 points and play NT Thunder, who thrashed Sydney Uni by 70 points, next Saturday at TIO stadium in the grand final.

Good on Aspley but surprising to see the Giants turn up their toes. Or maybe not. Perhaps they were mostly invested in the AFL side and lost their head of steam after all their mates took off on holiday and there were no prospects of getting a game in the top team this year any more.

Ugg, interested to hear what you have to say about the PFs and the any preview of the GF.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast