Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
I can confirm that Ugg is correct. The only picks you can use are the "live picks". The number of live picks is the same as the number of vacancies you have on your list. I don't know the situation of the other academy clubs they, even GWS and GCS, would be under the us.
Thanks to Ugg for firstly explaining this, and now to SSB for confirming it. I have learnt something that I knew nothing about before.

This suggests the Swans will be delisting at least one player before the draft, to allow them to take their first six picks to the draft, and possibly two if they also want to take their seventh pick (pick 72).

I counted up GWS offs and ons earlier today (after reading Ludwig's posts on this topic). I think (if my calculations were right) that they now have a current list of 39 (eight out, one in) and are holding 12 picks. I believe GWS can have a senior list of 46 in 2016. So to use their picks they will need to delist up to five players (but almost certainly less and not take all the picks into the draft).

Am I understanding this correctly? Does the above sound right?

The points system and new bidding for academy and F/S players have certainly added a lot of complexity to the draft night!