Thanks for your comments on the game liz and ugg. I wished the NEAFL had broadcast the game. I was also interested to know how Leslie went for GC, as he is an out of contract KPD that I thought might be available as he seems to be 4th in their pecking order for key defenders.

I was terribly disappointed with the news of the Abe Davis injury. I felt that if he had a good game he would have been a serious chance to make his debut v Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
X is possibly a little flattered by his eight goals - at least two were from the goal line after the ball spilled over the top of a pack. His intensity was a little variable, especially in the first half, and he missed one early easy shot at goal. Still, he can run and he can mark, and most of the time he can kick the ball well. Much as I love Ted, we're not going to win a premiership with him playing at full forward. We can hope that one or both of Tippett or Reid comes good by the time the finals start (with the latter looking more unlikely by the week) but it would be good to see the coaches experiment with other options, especially with a couple of softer games coming up. I suspect X doesn't have the intensity for senior footy but I wouldn't be disappointed if the coaches took the opportunity to give him a go to find out for sure.
When I read this paragraph I felt it was exactly my feelings on all the points. I have been thinking the same about definitely needing Tippett and probably Reid as well if we are to go deep into finals. Without Reid, we will probably be forced to play Towers in the finals, which looks a scary prospect atm. We can only hope he makes some big strides forward in the next few weeks.

I was pleased to hear that Tom Derickx fooled such an astute observer of the game as ugg into believing that he was injured. It just shows how well his acting career is progressing.

And when I read that liz thought Galloway was starting to look like a footballer, I unpacked my Santa Claus garden gnome and put it out on the lawn.