Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Annie Saturday 11.25am Blacktown Sydney Swans v Aspley Hornets

And if you want more footy, you can stay for the 2.15pm clash UWS Giants v Sydney Uni.
    Quoted for Annie, in case Stella is correct....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    MCS, you are hyper-senstive to this issue. My numbers were based on the historical record.

ANZ Members: Its an event, big turnout.
    GWS Members: A fair proportion of the their 15,000 members at this stage, bouyed by the thrill of first final, and the location suiting their existing travel arrangements.
    Swans Members: Based on ratio that turned up to #lolnorf final, extrapolated with data from here of the increased hatred of ANZ since that time, and general declining numbers to ANZ in general for swans games, and the fact that their is guaranteed an SCG coming up 1 or 2 weeks later.

Fact based opinions. Not emotional twaddle.
    Fact Based Opinions....... sums you up to a tee Barry Plus you seem to have a fair understanding of 'emotional twaddle', if the 'grand old lady' is anything to go by....

You didn't address my original point that your figures don't even add up - but obviously that doesn't matter because its 'facts'.

I'd love to see the fact based 'historical record' your talking about - in particular the data that splits attendance at games at ANZ down by type. I won't wait with any bated breath however.... unless neilfws can help you out. Surely if its all fact based, you've got the numbers right there, ready to show the world.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Quoted for Annie, in case Stella is correct....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Annie Saturday 11.25am Blacktown Sydney Swans v Aspley Hornets

And if you want more footy, you can stay for the 2.15pm clash UWS Giants v Sydney Uni.
    Bonus points for !
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Fact Based Opinions....... sums you up to a tee Barry Plus you seem to have a fair understanding of 'emotional twaddle', if the 'grand old lady' is anything to go by....

You didn't address my original point that your figures don't even add up - but obviously that doesn't matter because its 'facts'.

I'd love to see the fact based 'historical record' your talking about - in particular the data that splits attendance at games at ANZ down by type. I won't wait with any bated breath however.... unless neilfws can help you out. Surely if its all fact based, you've got the numbers right there, ready to show the world.
    Crowd figures for swans games at ANZ.
    Are you suggesting they are trajecting up?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Crowd figures for swans games at ANZ.
    Are you suggesting they are trajecting up?

Do you just read what people post Barry, then just decide that you actually really read something entirely different and respond to that? Please point me to the part where I suggested anything about the trajectory of crowd figures at ANZ?

I said nothing about trends in crowd numbers, or any suggestion as to what might be going on - I simply asked you to provide the facts behind your 'fact based opinion' as to the split of fans in attendance at ANZ. Your 'rough guess' or 'opinion' doesn't actually constitute evidence at all - despite your worldly knowledge about everything related to the 'grand old lady'. Show me some evidence, and if it supports your assertion, then I'm more than happy to accept it - aggregate crowd numbers show nothing to support your original assertions around what the split of ticket sales may be - let alone the missing several thousand people in your original calculation.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Crowd figures are part of my facts. Sorry, i assumed you were disputing them.

Senior Player
    If 60% of the Sydney based Swans members (that's about 27,000), 70% of the Sydney based Giants members as ANZ is in their backyard (that's about 8,000), 4,000 ANZ members and another 5,000 theatre goers went then the crowd would get to 44,000. If it really was at 34,000 on Wednesday night, then 44,000 might be the number. It'd be great if the crowd was more than that though. They just need to start selling $20 tickets to the casual footy fan / theatre goer market. This game is unlikely to happen again in a hurry.

Except for the members, nobody will be rushing to buy tickets for the game until next week. It is too early to guess how many people will attend it.

1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    ...... Sydney based Swans members ...... and ........ theatre goers ........
    I'm a passionate Sydney based Swans member AND a passionate theatre goer.

Do I get counted twice?

(Which is a way of saying this argument is getting to be really silly.)

It would be nice for possibly our last game at ANZ if management could stop treating the general public as idiots and possibly serve up FULL strength beer.

Im not aware of any law against this and the SCG doesn't seem to have a problem with this concept.

Does anyone know why we are forced to drink crap beer specifically at this stadium or is this just part of a wider plan by management at that ground to get us to hate it even more

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It stems from the crowd trouble they had in the NRL.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

I took the AFL crowd figures for finals games at ANZ, and put a linear trend line against it. This predicts a 2016 figure of 34,000.

With Giants members (15,000) added, and Other opponent removed (say 5,000), that points to a final 44,000 figure too.