Page 208 of 267 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,485 to 2,496 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veterans List
    Agree Liz, there's no point in trading just for the sake of it. As I've said previously, if we're not trading in a clear best 22 player, best to trust in the draft and for 2018 trust in organic growth.

The 2017 list could/should have got us to a flag and there's plenty of upside in younger players. Pies targeting a Swans rookie shows we've got attractive depth. I don't see any other contenders massively upgrading their lists, a lot of activity but only marginal upgrading. Let's reassess at 2pm Thursday.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Looks like we're not giving up Murray without a fight.

Unknown Swan to Pies no certainty says Sydney footy boss

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Nice one Tom, means we probably see a future with us for Murray but for him it may be Pies are indicating definite senior game time. Glad we are not just giving him away which, because of lack of senior opportunities, we did with Membrey (for nothing), Lamb (nothing) & Biggs (2 or 3 pick upgrade).

It's intriguing how many picks we'll take into this draft, definitely got to take three (14, 33, 51) at this stage of trading, due to minus BJ, Talia, Leonardis, Laidler plus Melican.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Good stuff. Hope we keep him.

What a dud of a trade period. Misfits, malcontents and underachievers. The poor journos trying to makes something interesting out of it all.

Now we get into the Mummy's Boys trading period.

I'm glad at least a few AFL commentators have been critical of this phony 'go home' factor excuse. If you ask to 'go home' you should be banned from AFL footy for life. Get a different job.

This is an interesting development:

Category: | Herald Sun

�Sydney holds No.14 and would deal that selection to the Dogs if it was able to secure an extra 2018 first-round selection in addition to either 25 or 30.�

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is an interesting development:

Category: | Herald Sun

�Sydney holds No.14 and would deal that selection to the Dogs if it was able to secure an extra 2018 first-round selection in addition to either 25 or 30.�
    Having 2 first round picks next year in a better draft sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Having 2 first round picks next year in a better draft sounds good to me!
    I would think swapping a 2017 pick for a 2018 pick would work in our favour. It does imply we aren't that excited about going to the draft this year. There has been talk of other clubs - Saints in particular, wanting to swap their #8 pick for 2 picks. Think West Coast are looking to offload their 13 pick too. If we can get something for Murray / Robbo / Tippo then that might work for us. Could be a lot of pick swapping Thursday morning.
    Last edited by Billericay; 17th October 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Doubt many want Robbo, he would possible give a 3rd pick a 5-8spot selection upgrade, funny if his manager is as dumb as X's and not actually feeling the market first
    Im not sure what we are thinking we would get for Murray, 0 games never even looked like getting an opportunity in 2017 so I don't know why we think we could play hard ball ?
    That deal is south of the 3rd round for me.

Veterans List
    Give up on the Tippo trade talk. As Harley was quoted in the article earlier he never was - and still is not- in play this trade period.

Veterans List
    Maybe a pick swap with Gold Coast who need to break a deal with Freo. Freo want their pick 2 for Weller but never going to happen.

We give GC pick 14 for their pick 24 or 26 plus GC next years second rounder which would be low 20s as you'd reckon they will finish bottom 3/4. Might even be able to upgrade/swap our pick 51 to pick 39 as well?

GC could then give Freo pick 14 (what they picked Weller at in 2014) plus pick 21 or whatever they extract from Geelong for Ablett.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Maybe a pick swap with Gold Coast who need to break a deal with Freo. Freo want their pick 2 for Weller but never going to happen.

We give GC pick 14 for their pick 24 or 26 plus GC next years second rounder which would be low 20s as you'd reckon they will finish bottom 3/4. Might even be able to upgrade/swap our pick 51 to pick 39 as well?

GC could then give Freo pick 14 (what they picked Weller at in 2014) plus pick 21 or whatever they extract from Geelong for Ablett.
    Why would we turn a first round pick into two second round picks. We want to go up the draft not down. Better would be us trading 14 and something else for pick 2, but they'd be mad to let that go.