Interesting points from Kinnear Beatson (our own KB!) about our list: No rebuild at Sydney: Beatson. One comment that caught my eye was this:

�There�s been a gradual change in the list with the retirement of some players�it�s too early to say who will go this year, but there most likely will be others that will retire.�

Players (plural) who will "most likely... retire". Macca is the obvious candidate. But who else? I hope this is not a hint about Reg and I would have thought Kizza would go round again. But maybe not? We don't have any other senior citizens do we? Smooch and Joey are not that old. And nor are any of the others. Maybe he just means who will be delisted. There's a few candidates there: BJ, Tyrone, Talia and, possibly, AJ, if he can't get back to form. It's a pity Towers has no trade value. I'm thinking we'll have the least turnover for the last few years this time around.

I figure we just grab the best talent we can get via draft or trade. We don't seem to have a lot of particular needs except more highly talented players. We mostly need our talent to develop and get experience. We have mids and backs, big and small. What I think we most could use are some KPF prospects. At the moment there is only Pink and Dawson as KPFs outside the best 22. Despite the fact he kicked 6 against the witches hats on the weekend (at least he kicked straight: 6.0), the last pick of the rookie draft is an unlikely place to find a decent KPF and Dawson is only 190 cm. Fortunately Nick Blakey is on the horizon. Even so a bit more depth would be good. Also, I think we could afford to grab another project ruckman (maybe Liam Maze?). And maybe another inside mid a la Sam Powell-Pepper in last year's draft?