Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    .... I dont care that much about McVeigh needing time in the NEAFL, we need him out there directing the players. He is invaluable as on-field coach. Yeah he will be exposed for pace but in previous games oher players covered for him....
    He has been lacking pace for years but has made up for it with experience and a quick mind in around the contest. I just hope he can (gut) run out the game.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

What is the latest with Tippett then ???

Warming the Bench
    Our subs list

Sinclair. Aliir, Newman, Towers, McVeigh, Florent, Foote

I expect the 1st 4 to play. It would be folly to go into this game without Sinclair. I really hope Naismith is fine but I'm not convinced.

I'd be ok with Towers out and Florent in but not McVeigh or Foote.

Umpires are Fisher, Margetts and Dalgleish. We're not playing Hawthorn so Margetts might be ok.

I was hopeful about the game last week - but this week - who knows

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Quite simply - cannot lose.

Excuses abound for Carlton, none are existent for the Lions.

Cannot conceive of any eventuality aside from victory. The manner of victory is the question....
    We only beat the Lions by 3 points last year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    Leave comedy to the experts.
    I really have tried my best to find of list of experts in comedy.

I've searched the internet and even scrutinized a Norwegian website that listed experts in a wide variety of categories: Experts and expert lists - NTNU

To my dismay, my name didn't appear on any of their lists of experts in any category, although in fairness, there was no category for comedy. All was not lost, as I have discovered that Professor Alan Boobis is considered an expert in toxicology by the World Health Organization, so if the subject ever arises on this forum I will send him a draft of comments for his approval before posting it on RWO.

Thanks so much for you advice and putting me in my place. Much appreciated.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I really have tried my best to find of list of experts in comedy.

I've searched the internet and even scrutinized a Norwegian website that listed experts in a wide variety of categories: Experts and expert lists - NTNU

To my dismay, my name didn't appear on any of their lists of experts in any category, although in fairness, there was no category for comedy. All was not lost, as I have discovered that Professor Alan Boobis is considered an expert in toxicology by the World Health Organization, so if the subject ever arises on this forum I will send him a draft of comments for his approval before posting it on RWO.

Thanks so much for you advice and putting me in my place. Much appreciated.
    Lucky for us Jonesy94 is an expert on comedy experts!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Marsh goes out, along with Foote and Newman.

I'm guessing he won't play NEAFL.

Marsh is listed as an emergency, so if he's fit to play perhaps he will play in the reserves and Newman will get the week off. Otherwise, both Marsh and Foote won't play for 2 straight weeks.

It doesn't make sense to me to drop Newman or even leave Marsh out of the side to bring in McVeigh without any match practice for over 7 months. I thought Newman has been one of our better players during this dismal start to the season, and consistent throughout the 4 games he's played.

Good to see that we've finally gone with a 3 tall defender setup. We were hurt last week by having to drop Reid back into defence because we couldn't cover all of Carlton's tall forwards.

I really don't see the need to carry 2 ruckman, especially when one of them is Sinclair, who will be playing mostly up forward where he will have more opportunities to drop marks. Newman or Marsh would seem to offer a lot more overall to the makeup of the team.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 5th May 2017 at 06:39 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Ludwig we have two ruckmen in Naismith and Sinclair or do you not want to call your whipping boy a ruckman.

I don't understand this tweet at all. Is Curley saying that Tippett would have played seniors if Naismith wasn't right? So if he's fit enough to play AFL, why isn't he playing any football at all this weekend?

Regular in the Side
    Perhaps Tippett like McVeigh is too good to be playing NEAFL.

Okay I tried to clarify with Curley on Twitter, the only explanation I can make out is the Swans were confident on neither Tippett or Naismith last night when teams were named. They had to name Tippett on the NEAFL side so that he was 'eligible' to be included into the Swans side if Naismith was not fit and Tippett was.

Still sounds bogus to me but that's what Curley is running with.