I didn't get to see most of yesterday's match but I'm not gonna let that stop me! It's time to start talking about this week. Who's in? Who's out?

I have no idea what's going on with Tippett or when he's returning. I don't know how to cut and paste this so here's a link to the 'injury list' on afl.com.au: AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au. Bizarrely it listed Sam Naismith as 2 weeks from playing but he played. It's good that the missing members of our best 22 continue to trickle in but there are still a number missing including: Rampe, Tippett, Kizza, Gazza and Robbo (yep, I rate Robbo best 22 ahead of players like Towers, Harry C, Foote and also, at this stage, Florent). Based on the injury list Gazza and Kizza are both possibilities to return. I would personally prefer to see Kizza return via the 2s. His form so far this year has been poor and he does have the same on-field general value as Macca despite being a recent former captain. Gazza has also not been offering much so far this year - not sure how much the NEAFL will help him to rediscover his form but might be worth a go. Then there's Aliir. I agree that given Aliir's failure to play this round just past + the success of the incumbents + his iffy form so far this year = he should return via the NEAFL. Finally, there is the unlucky Newman. Is there room for him? He's gotta be worth more than Florent at the moment but is there doesn't seem to be any space left down back? Even though Newman has played forward and on-ball a little when selected this year, the match committee doesn't seem willing to select him as a forward per se. Towers I lost faith in last year and I haven't been converted back yet but he did ok yesterday and deserves to keep his spot another week and not shatter his confidence when he's done ok.

My vote is: no change! Stick with winning form and let returning players return via the twos and show their wares and the incumbents continue to settle and consolidate their positions.

More likely there will be at least one change, including maybe Florent for Rohan. I wonder if any consideration will be given to managing Hayward given his youth now that he has played 6 games on the trot I think. Still 3 more games before the bye. Newman next cab off the rank if anyone else is omitted.