Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
I suspect the lack of news about Reid is just because there is a lack of news. He's still some way off in a fairly lengthy rehab programme and they are no closer to knowing when he'll be ready to go.

There's no secrecy on Melican. They've already said he might be ready to return this weekend, and if not, almost certainly the week after. They also said that Dawson isn't far behind and will be back playing either next weekend or the weekend after.

I'm also with CTS re the Buddy situation. There's no reason to say early in the week that he won't play if that's what they honestly believed. As you suggest, ticket sales aren't helped by his absence so why deliberately try to slow them? And there was no evidence from the game that he was played - to boost attendances - when he wasn't fit to play.
I'm not sure the coaching team really considers crowd numbers when playing deceptive games with player inclusions/exclusions.
Nor should they.
Nor should we be upset if they choose to do so.
Part and parcel of 'playing the game'
But there is no reason to call the Swans out on 'playing games' given recent history.
Particularly against Freo who have been average at best this year.
I'm OK with the Swans playing games with payers for advantage as a general rule though.