Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 13, Swans vs Eagles, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    In regard to the Buddy 'stage' that the non Swans footy world is in a hypocritical lather over......I have been listening to ABC Grandstand this afternoon and they reckon Bud shouldn't get fined as his was more an exaggeration as opposed to a "superman leap" like Rance. Michael Christian could do himself and us a favour by paying less attention to sooky Twitter idiots and Seven and Fox commentators on this one......
    After being shoved in the back and missing a certain mark as a result Buddy must have made a decision to make it clear what was going on behind his back. Justice was served in the end.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have been a Harry C critic but boy he has played good footy this year and deserves to keep his spot. He is transformed. He runs to right spots, has found a ticker, rarely makes a disposal mistake and has been really cool under pressure.
    I found the moment of Nico's conversion. It was when Harry pushed Chris Masten's face into the ground in the 2nd quarter. Harry will never be allowed into a Children's hospital again after such a crude act.

harryC.jpg

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Possibly another one that we can blame Clarkson for.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering if it's too early for me to claim that we've got the good McCartin. But hey, now that you've put it out there.
    Last night Tom had 16 disposals, 6 inside 50s, and 3 tackles (for the third time in 5 games). A small sample size and somewhat isolated stats, but in his 32 games Paddy has never had as many as 16 disposals in a game, and has had 6 I50s and 3 tackles only once.

To be fair, paddy iattracts the number one defender.

Regular in the Side
    Agree Cunningham is now a real contributor ... still has some short disposals by hand or foot that go all wrong ... but selection now not in doubt ... unlike Hanners/Jack ... both had better second halves but the Hanners problem is seen in the lack of pace off the mark and inability to escape tight situations ... once so good.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Last night Tom had 16 disposals, 6 inside 50s, and 3 tackles (for the third time in 5 games). A small sample size and somewhat isolated stats, but in his 32 games Paddy has never had as many as 16 disposals in a game, and has had 6 I50s and 3 tackles only once.
    Yes, and what really impresses me the most with Tom, is that he seems to have a really sharp football mind. That is, he appears to think quickly, he seems to see the game well and consequently, he almost always takes a good option.

Veterans List
    Buddy has been cleared and rightly so. If he was fined for that then Ben Brown would be fined 2 or 3 times per match as he does the same thing.

Buddy was just trying to make sure the umpire saw the interference which they had been missing earlier in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Agree Cunningham is now a real contributor ... still has some short disposals by hand or foot that go all wrong ... but selection now not in doubt ... unlike Hanners/Jack ... both had better second halves but the Hanners problem is seen in the lack of pace off the mark and inability to escape tight situations ... once so good.
    agree about hannas he needs to get right but come finals surely he is more important than harry
    Jack still more important then Harry, watch the Geelong comeback game he got us going

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and what really impresses me the most with Tom, is that he seems to have a really sharp football mind. That is, he appears to think quickly, he seems to see the game well and consequently, he almost always takes a good option.
    Yeah, well said. I also particularly like his instinct to go hard into the tackle when the ball is in dispute.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    He is playing well but you tell me who comes out for mcviegh ?
    Simples, Jack goes out.

McViegh, manages the defence, provides the link in getting the ball out defence. Additionally his delivery is so much better.

If we keep Jack in the team then I think Hannebery is the one under pressure.
    Last edited by liz; 16th June 2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Simples, Jack goes out.

McViegh, manages the defence, provides the link in getting the ball out defence. Additionally his delivery is so much better.

If we keep Jack in the team then I think Hannebery is the one under pressure.
    Sadly I think Hanners and Kizza are two who least deserve to be in the team based on form. I thought Hanners actually played himself into a miniscule bit of form last night, but he looks horribly, horribly slow.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Sadly I think Hanners and Kizza are two who least deserve to be in the team based on form. I thought Hanners actually played himself into a miniscule bit of form last night, but he looks horribly, horribly slow.
    Hanners does look like an old man at times but I read somewhere that he was doing a stopping role on Shuey, who ended up with only 14 possessions to Hanners 24, albeit only 3 of those kicks, so from that point of view, he's done a good job. With the bye ahead, I can't see him being dropped now. KJ is under more pressure to keep his spot but again, the bye may save him too.