Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Richmond v Sydney Etihad 7.20 pm EST 28 June 2018 #SydneySwans #SwansTigers

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Rance is an embarrassment. Shouldn't he now be booed mercilessly every week by large sections of the crowd? After all, isn't staging the "reason" people gave for booing Goodesy?

Rance's acting is good enough to warrant a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, yet he suffers no backlash from supporters.

It's almost as if something else was a factor in Goodesy being booed out of the game prematurely.
    Excellent call. Rance�s staging is far worse than anything I ever saw from Adam.

Buddy is also getting similar booing treatment whenever he gets the ball away from home. Hope it doesn�t become a thing.

3rd qtr when at 43-56

Rohan�s break where he took the game on and rance smothered

Then the two way running counter from Richmond was simply the best in the Comp

The sprinting from the tigers midfield and half forward flooding forward and the amount of options was superb for the kicker

The separation the tigers made on the Swans in this passage an many othe situations was first class

I love the way the tigers decided to feed the ball high on the 50 arc for their forwards and said �Sydney u leave that space open and we will take u on one on one�

It worked
    It was smart
    JR stood up

They all need to practice selling the candy, they�ve lost the art , even Buddy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Hmm, the bye. It's true, we are now 3 wins / 6 losses after byes, since 2011 when they were reintroduced. But that puts us about in the middle: some teams go worse (Geelong! only 1 win after a bye)
    ....and with 2 minutes to go, are 10 pts down against the Dogs......after their bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Excellent call. Rance�s staging is far worse than anything I ever saw from Adam.

Buddy is also getting similar booing treatment whenever he gets the ball away from home. Hope it doesn�t become a thing.

We look to American sport for all our new ideas and I'm sorry to say our game is worse for it. the players are now just meat to the market. our rules and umpiring is crap as is the rule in the USA. We have opened our game up to exploitation by gambling by having a gambling corporation sponsor.

I love our game and all the bright ideas of the stupid @@@@wits at the AFL to fix the congestion like zones is bull@@@@ and so @@@@ing counter productive to the game. The solution is quite simple. Just get rid of most of the rules introduced since Gil The Gullable has been in power.

We were never in this game. It seemed we were but they always had our measure. That is because we had several passengers. Messers Jack, Rohan and Hannaberry (he might have had 20 but when he disposes at 25% it may as well be nothing) were a disgrace. I never thought we'd win. but if you remember rightly in 2012 we were given a footy lesson on how to win the hard ones by the Hawks in the last round and then beat them in the big one.

But this loss was a bit bigger than that. A 22 point disposal of us by Tigers, in a game they were always in control of is simply a reason to search for answers. We played into their hands by bombing long to Franklin one out against 4. @@@@ing stupid. Some of the worst offenders were experienced players. Hannaberry kicked to Bud even though he had three and then four players on him on several different occasions, he had far better options all free. Stupid football is played by stupid players who just can't change. The game plan has moved on from just bombing to Bud but certain of our players have yet to understand that.

Next week if I see Hannaberry, Jack or Rohan in the line up I am not going to bother supporting the Swans ever again. I won't support the AFL at all. I wil go to local footy. These guys are getting games on reputation alone. I am sorry for Gaz and the death of his baby and always said that maybe this period should be spent in the reserves due to the psychological load. But there comes a time when reputation alone is not enough.

LONGMIRE MAKE THE HARD DECISION AND DROP ROHAN, JACK AND HANNABERRY!!!
    Last edited by liz; 30th June 2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Deleted off-topic opening paragraph. Please keep to talking about football ont the football forums

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    3rd qtr when at 43-56

Rohan�s break where he took the game on and rance smothered

Then the two way running counter from Richmond was simply the best in the Comp

The sprinting from the tigers midfield and half forward flooding forward and the amount of options was superb for the kicker

The separation the tigers made on the Swans in this passage an many othe situations was first class

I love the way the tigers decided to feed the ball high on the 50 arc for their forwards and said �Sydney u leave that space open and we will take u on one on one�

It worked
    It was smart
    JR stood up
    Yes they were smart and never looked like losing in my opinion. But it didn't help to have a few players who's defensive efforts were just disgusting. Jack and Hannaberry were diabolical in chasing. both just gave up and left it to the young blokes. They were a coordinated unit. We were not. They left the corridor free we did not. How did that happen? Quite simple, they worked far harder.

We had three players who should be dropped immediately; Jack, Hannaberry and Rohan. Their efforts were a disgrace. They made it difficult for the younger players and there should be an example made of them.

Richmond is a complete team, we are not and never will be until players do not get picked on reputation alone.

One statistic I�d really like to see for each player is the distance covered. Even if we only got to see the cumulative total for each team. They give this in the English Premier League and it is a good indication of work rate.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    You can get team totals and the top 5 for the game with the AFL app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Gee McCartin covers a lot of ground for a big guy, especially for his first season. He's really going to be something.
    Last edited by liz; 30th June 2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Deleted response to off-topic comment that has now been deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Jetta was a beautiful kick, helped us win a few finals and probs 50% better than Gaz. He took a while to get settled over there, but doing okay. Would love to see Rohan get close to that.

I think the passage of time is embellishing your memory of Jetta. He was great in 2012 but that was his only good year. In those years he would usually only get a handful of possessions, just like Rohan. The difference between the two is the Jetta was slightly better offensively and Rohan is significantly better defensively. At least Rohan chases opponents down and lays tackles. Jetta was too lazy to do that. The only reason he got a game in the years after 2012 was because he was our only player with leg speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Thanks Ugg. I had no idea about that. I�ll play around.

It is interesting that we covered more ground in total. My impression was that they spread and ran into space much harder than we did.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I think the passage of time is embellishing your memory of Jetta. He was great in 2012 but that was his only good year. In those years he would usually only get a handful of possessions, just like Rohan. The difference between the two is the Jetta was slightly better offensively and Rohan is significantly better defensively. At least Rohan chases opponents down and lays tackles. Jetta was too lazy to do that. The only reason he got a game in the years after 2012 was because he was our only player with leg speed.
    Jetta was good in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Dropped off after that when tagged but did improve his defensive skills. Devastating for us in our premiership year.