Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Senior Player
    Watching the stream the ball is getting blurry when in motion - making me sick. Can't up the resolution so have to put up with it.

Swans very wasteful 4.9.33 I think. McCartin has missed two of these but he is impressing me a lot - natural leading forward.

Senior Player
    Amartey hit the post from 3 metres out - 5.12 our score now. I reckon that is about 2.9 for the quarter

Senior Player
    Nice one, Tommy. First NEAFL goal, right?

Veteran Site Admin
    Good quarter there by the Swans. Would have been even better with good conversion. Liked the work of Fox in the middle of the ground, Ronke all around the ground, and McCartin up forward. It's a shame that McCartin's kicking for goal needs work. Otherwise you could see him getting a senior game or two over the next couple of months while Reid is out.

Halftime @swansreserves 7.12 (54) @LionsNEAFL 7.5 (47)

Goals: Ronke 2 Amartey Brown McCartin Rose Stewart
    Lions: Lester 2 Bastinac Bell Starcevich McStay Smith

Wasteful quarter by the Swans kicking 4.8 to 4.2

Thankfully we have the NEAFL A-Team in the commentary box this week. What a difference it makes.

We are up against a very high quality side with plenty of AFL experience. Halftime comments, Swan 54 - 47:

• Ronke clearly BOG for us. Looks the complete package and AFL ready.
    • Amartey is already ahead of Cameron as our backup ruckman. I think we've found a winner here.
    • Brown and O'Riordan also playing well.
    • McCartin looking very good for an 18 yo forward. He need to work on his set shot, but I'm sure that will come. The rest of his game is ahead of where you would expect at this age.
    • It would be great if Rose could round out his game, because he's a first rate goal kicker.
    • James Bell looks to be injured, but hopefully not too seriously.

Amartey has got good hands. He can leap for a mark and hold the ball as he falls. Also seems agile around the ground and when the ball is at his feet. I think he might be a chance to get a game this season as a mobile half forward who can take a mark but ok defensively and when the ball is on the ground.

Ronke has looked ok. He kicked a goal but I like his tackling and defensive pressure. I can see him being a backup to Tom Papley.

Jake Brown seems like one of our lowest profile draftees. But he has been ok. He has got himself into good positions and been composed with the ball. Fox has been solid in midfield. O�Riordan is having one of the better games I have seen him play recently.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

[*]It would be great if Rose could round out his game, because he's a first rate goal kicker.
    Not sure about that. Rose's likelihood of conversion is inversely related to how difficult the shot is. He slots the hard ones but too often misses the routine kicks. (That's not an observation based on today, but on three and a bit years of watching him.) I reckon the fact he doesn't routinely convert the easy chances is holding him back from more senior opportunities as much as the way he picks and chooses when he chases and tackles.

Stream went down at a good time, probably don't want to see any more of that carnage.

Just tuned in at the start of the 2nd half and this happens!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Stream went down at a good time, probably don't want to see any more of that carnage.
    Commentary team so much better than the shouter who does nsw matches. But is the female in another room. Give her a mic, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Intil it crashed I had the best picture of the season. Must have bought a new camera.