Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    So, a question for those who watch more ressies than me this year.

Last year, Dawson seemed set to go as a big bodied midfielder rolling forward a bit.

Similar role this year? And if so, would you play him that way in seniors or more as a half forward rolling up to the midfield occasionally?
    Dawson has to be better value than Rohan.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes similar role. However many players get a run in the NEAFL midfield that would never do so at senior level so I wouldn�t take that as an indication of where he would play at AFL level.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yes similar role. However many players get a run in the NEAFL midfield that would never do so at senior level so I wouldn�t take that as an indication of where he would play at AFL level.
    I agree with your general observation, but I've heard Harley refer to him as a strong bodied midfielder so it sounds like they do see him playing in the midfield in due course (at senior level).

He could probably do with another week or two in the NEAFL side but I can see him coming in to play the role Rohan is currently occupying (a medium sized marking forward) if or when the coaches lose patience with Rohan's output. He obviously doesn't have Rohan's extreme pace but is capable of contributing in the forward line in other ways.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Dawson has to be better value than Rohan.
    Deserves a game, probably up forward, but does he have the pace to create forward pressure? This seems to be an automatic prerequisite these days.

Regular in the Side
    Don't agree with Foote and Rose or Robbo all not up to afl ,maybe we can get another 2nd rounder for one of them

Veterans List
    Dawson mightn't have the pace of Rohan but he seems to be able to at least read the game and as such, will probably be more effective anyway.....shouldn't be hard to get more possessions than Gary and we know Dawson uses the ball well....adds up to at least the same potential. If not this week, at least after a game or two more in the two's (or we'll lose him at season's end anyway)......which gives Gary one or two more chances to prove himself.

Best Players: H. Marsh, J. Dawson, C. O''Riordan, D. Cameron, N. Newman, C. Flanagan

Veterans List
    Best Players: H. Marsh, J. Dawson, C. O''Riordan, D. Cameron, N. Newman, C. Flanagan
    Go Jordan!

Sydney v Brisbane

5: Jordan Dawson (Sydney)
    5: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    5: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
    5: Ben Keays (Brisbane)
    3: Colin O’Riordan (Sydney)
    2: Liam Dawson (Brisbane)

With 5 players getting 5, the only way that is possible is that there were 2 lots of 5-0 and 4-1 each, and one 3-2

So quite a big discrepancy between the coaches and the umpires

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Sydney v Brisbane

5: Jordan Dawson (Sydney)
    5: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    5: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
    5: Ben Keays (Brisbane)
    3: Colin O’Riordan (Sydney)
    2: Liam Dawson (Brisbane)

With 5 players getting 5, the only way that is possible is that there were 2 lots of 5-0 and 4-1 each, and one 3-2

So quite a big discrepancy between the coaches and the umpires
    Encouraging to see our Dawson hitting his straps. I have high hopes for this one.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Right now Newman should be in the senior side, offers so much more than Hanners or KJ, 30 possies and 10 tackles, Gold Passes need to be revoked - enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Right now Newman should be in the senior side, offers so much more than Hanners or KJ, 30 possies and 10 tackles, Gold Passes need to be revoked - enough said!
    +1