Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 20 Swans v Collingwood, SCG, Sat 4 Aug 7:25pm @SydneySwans #AFLSwansPies

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    McCartin 1 touch to half time
    Needs a spell
    Towers shd have played tonight
    Timeless post.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Nice win. I am completely lacking in fingernails. Well done AJ.

Not exactly confidence-inspiring, but a very enjoyable night and 4 points more than I expected to walk away with.

I don't have any issues with the game plan, which seems to be short passes by hand or foot to a player who is open, but in order to generate some quick ball movement, but our execution is terrible. Too often the player has a good option but hesitates, which means his teammates is shut down and he has no option but long to a contest. When they do move it on quickly, too often is a short handpass to a player who is surrounded by three opponents. And even when the decision making is ok, the pass is inaccurate and either disadvantages his teammate or even goes straight to an opponent.

I think this is at least partly due to lack of experience, and young players not having the fitness to keep it up all season. But our experience players are down too. What I wouldn't give for a ruckman like Grundy or Gawn.

Will comment more tomorrow but any time we beat collingwood is a good win my book. And just saw a replay of the McCartin goal - nice work young man, nice work!

A win for the bloods of 1918, a win for Harry's 100th, a win for AJs long awaited return, and a win to celebrate the far too short life of Lachlan Poulter from Dunnstown Football Netball club!

Up the mighty swannies!!!

Went into that game expecting a shellacking, which was on course at half-time. Then in the 3rd quarter I had to contemplate that we might actually win.

And we did. Wow! A really pleasant surprise. I’m not expecting us to make the 8, but happy to enjoy the win.

Buddy was extraordinary kicked 6 and 3 posters. His last right in front of us like a bullet.

Watched the game with my daughter and her new boyfriend (of a month or so) who is a Wobbles supporter.
    Went better that it could have, so I guess he gets some brownie points
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Kennedy and Hayward are in trouble for sling tackles. Hayward's was particularly bad and I expect him to get 2 weeks. So unnecessary as he would have got a free for HTB..

Hayward’s no loss at the moment anyway. Even if he’s not suspended he deserves to be dropped.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Timeless post.
    Yes he kicked the winner but he contributed nothing for the rest of the night

He looks like he needs a rest

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I understand what I said was a bit controversial. But there was definitely a real and decided drop off in effort in the fourth quarter when the game still had 15 minutes of play left and was still definitely up for grabs. We needed to fight for a good 5 minutes+ longer and then milk time. Instead we rested on our laurels and let the Pies back into it.

I know we have a young team and its been an interesting last 3 yrs we're we've out performed mine and most people's expectations, but that drop in play seemed more like an attitude thing than anything else and didn't reflect well on us as a team and what we stand for
    It's called momentum and our young team has more trouble turning it around. We have been spoiled as a supporter group for years and at the moment for the first time in ages we are stacked with inexperience. We are bound to be more up and down.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I wonder if they have increased the training load and will start tapering. Would explain a lot.
    That would explain our last month’s performances

It’s either been a fairly big stuff up or a touch of genius, time will tell

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Kennedy and Hayward are in trouble for sling tackles. Hayward's was particularly bad and I expect him to get 2 weeks. So unnecessary as he would have got a free for HTB..
    Both should be fine, one of our guys copped a similar tackle and didn’t even get a free

FWIW none of them should be reportable or free kicks

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast