Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    J.Kelly is bolded because I have Excel look up listed players automatically and it’s mistakenly used Josh Kelly to match up to J.Kelly

Briggs went off at quarter time but I thought he was doing well against Knoll in the first quarter considering he is a first year player that hasn’t done much rucking until the last few weeks due to their injuries. I didn’t see the last quarter (was heading to the game) but Knoll had 49 hitouts the three quarter time and finished with 51. Was he not playing or just not rucking?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    J.Kelly is bolded because I have Excel look up listed players automatically and it’s mistakenly used Josh Kelly to match up to J.Kelly

Briggs went off at quarter time but I thought he was doing well against Knoll in the first quarter considering he is a first year player that hasn’t done much rucking until the last few weeks due to their injuries. I didn’t see the last quarter (was heading to the game) but Knoll had 49 hitouts the three quarter time and finished with 51. Was he not playing or just not rucking?
    As I mentioned in a response above, Amartey seemed to take over the ruck duties more and more as the game went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Do aardvarks eat fish?
    I have been known to enjoy the occasional fish dish.😀

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Thanks for the very useful info AG
    Indeed, thanks AG.

I saw the last quarter and Knoll played forward and looked hopeless

Ling is back!

Saturday, August 10, 2019
    Aspley Hornets (3rd) v Sydney Swans (4th) at Voxson Oval, 12pm
    Click here for live stream
    ASPLEY
    B: 11. J Allen 31. G Grose 2. J Hayden
    HB: 41. J Craven 18. J Arnold 24. L Dawson
    C: 30. J Coghlan 8. M Payne 40. J Lipscombe
    HF: 26. T Baulch 10. C Stackelberg 9. W Murphy
    F: 6. B Batchelor 17. J Freeman 22. T Templeton
    R: 14. J Spencer 13. C Carseldine 3. J Ives
    Int: 16. J Giles 15. D Lawrence 25. J Nelis 5. C Stackelberg 27. L Mason*
    Emg: 35. B Dale 4. D Henderson 7. B Nelis
    In: Nil
    Out: Nil
    *Denotes 23rd player
    SYDNEY
    B: 56. C Flanagan 6. J Thurlow 53. K McKellar
    HB: 16. Z Foot 43. L Melican 19. M Ling
    C: 52. L Swaney 27. J McInerney 33. R Stoddart
    HF: 49. C Hirst 47. T Pink 15. K Jack
    F: 58. L Parks 46. J Amartey 1. J Rose
    R: 48. M Knoll 45. S Wicks 50. S Thorne
    Int: 21. J Barling 59. J Dol 51. C Kilpatrick 60. J Rayner
    Emg: 55. R van Huisstede
    In: 51 C Kilpatrick 19. M Ling 59. J Dol 1. J Rose 33. R Stoddart 15. K Jack 52. L Swaney
    Out: 32. J Bell (AFL) 31. M Geddes (injured) 57. B Campbell 52. H Maguire 54. N Brewer 60. Z Cameron 55. H Ellem 28. D Ryall (all omitted)

Veteran Site Admin
    I am guessing Jack or Melican will travel with the senior team to Adelaide, and thus won't play in this game. Jack, most likely.

Stoddart was the senior emergency last week so didn't get a game. They don't usually sit players out for two weeks consecutively. And Rose should be nowhere near the senior team after last week's "effort", not even as emergency.

Just had a quick look at the NEAFL ladder and noticed we have qualified for the finals. It will be the first NEAFL finals series we play where the senior team’s season is already done and hence player eligibility restrictions come into play. We won’t stand much a chance if we come up against Brisbane or the Giants’s team as they would still have all players available

Senior Player
    Fantastic news the Ling's playing. Go well, lad.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Fantastic news the Ling's playing. Go well, lad.
    +1

Veterans List
    Just had a quick look at the NEAFL ladder and noticed we have qualified for the finals. It will be the first NEAFL finals series we play where the senior team’s season is already done and hence player eligibility restrictions come into play. We won’t stand much a chance if we come up against Brisbane or the Giants’s team as they would still have all players available
    You read my mind ugg because I was going to ask whether the player restrictions will apply seeing as the seniors won't be playing finals. Are the restrictions the same as the grand final last year? They were too harsh.

Jack out Van Huisstede in