Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

No Fox? Was he emergency for seniors?

Thanks Ugg, I have never trusted when the club announces their best. Its like sometimes we are watching a different game. I watched the Giants link for the game which didn't have callers so hard to follow who was who. But Jack and Clark didn't dominate and Mellican wasnt in their best so it will be interesting who comes in for Hayward (goal kicking / marking forward) and for McVeigh (half back) particularly against Melbourne who are quick and talented. O'Riordan deserves another game as he has the speed and disposal. I dont think selectors have enough faith in Rose so dont see him promoted. If they choose Jack, where does he play - mid or off bench run with? Love to see Rowbottom / McInerney promoted soon

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think we were lucky. We played far better this week. But there were signs of the bad old game plan, like hitting up Bud when there were better options. Carlton are an improved side. We now have the chance to use some of the better players from the Neafl. I think we need to rake Rose for a couple of games a persevere with him. I think he can be mercurial. The other player that looks best to replace Macca is McInnerney.
    Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    No Fox? Was he emergency for seniors?
    He was playing defence, at least for the first half. Not sure if he finished the game but my attention was focused mainly on the seniors game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think we were lucky. We played far better this week. But there were signs of the bad old game plan, like hitting up Bud when there were better options. Carlton are an improved side. But we are not.

I was at game. Dominated 70 per cent of the match. Should have won easily. Much improved performance. Carlton played ok as well.

NEAFL: Win sets stage for sweet first song - sydneyswans.com.au

As mentioned in this report Rowbottom played forward for the first half, with Rose, Jack, and Clarke the main midfielders. Even when rotations took effect it was Bell and Foot who shifted into the middle and it was only midway through the second quarter that Rowbottom finally was run through the guts.

I believe he started the second half as a midfielder but as I mentioned before I was only keeping an occasional eye on the game with my main attention on the seniors. The report is playing this move as a learning tool to add to his list of skills but I’m more inclined to believe the short term goal is to see how suitable he would be as a forward as it would be in that role he would play the majority of the time in the senior team

A player who caught my eye early on but faded away as the game went on was McLean who is a good size but moved well and and showed some good foot skills. Robbed of a goal assist when his pinpoint pass to Veerhuis through a crowd of players was dropped under no pressure although this led to Jack cleaning up the spillage and kicking his only goal.

Amartey didn’t play the first quarter but made some impressive athletic plays in the second half in the unfamiliar #59 jumper (as an aside what was the reason for the random jumper changes. Did the property steward forget some jumpers on the drive over?).

Melican took some strong grabs in the first quarter but these were further up the field. I’m not convinced he’s back to his best just yet and would give him another run next week against the Suns

Reynolds was outpointed a few times by Sproule but to his credit it didn’t seem to affect his confidence. Foot was lively as a half-forward and his speed was also eye catching. Wicks worked hard and presented well as a forward target and probably should have had a couple more goals as he missed a few gettable shots and had a speculative shot at goal bounce at right angles when it seemed more likely to bounce through.

Kilpatrick the pick of the toppies kicking three goals and assisting in at least a couple more playing as a forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If there's anything that the movie Titanic has taught us is that Jack always goes before Rose.

That’s a great line you wrote there Ugg !

However, Rose survived, continued her journey and was able to document the heroics of Jack.

How did Darcy Cameron go against Simpson and co?

Veterans List
    Liked this -

Sydney development coach Jeremy Laidler loved what he saw in Rowbottom as a forward, and he’s rapt with how the entire band of first-year Swans are faring.

“‘Rowy’ is an absolute bull around the contest. His inside stuff is really special and so is his follow-up stuff; his second and third efforts have been the most pleasing things about his game. But he’s adding a few strings to his bow now,” Laidler told Swans Media.

“We know how good he is on the inside of the midfield contest, but throwing him forward today showed he’s very clearly a natural footballer. He’s been playing really good football ever since he arrived at the club.

Seem to remember we traded up in the draft and then grabbed Rowbottom a bit earlier than he was touted to go.

Veterans List
    Round 4; enter James Rowbottom. Looks a natural footballer and I would rotate him through the midfield and forward line. Straight in for Hayward.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Round 4; enter James Rowbottom. Looks a natural footballer and I would rotate him through the midfield and forward line. Straight in for Hayward.
    Rowbottom picked up 8 coaches votes; Rose 10, Clarke 3. Check out @neaflofficial’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/neaflofficial/st...889276929?s=09

The TBC venues have now been C-ed. All at Blacktown except R6 against Sydney Uni will be at Henson Park

The NEAFL site has updated the Swans fixture. They are all at Blacktown except for Round 6 v Sydney Uni 11th May which is at Henson Park

Sydney Season Fixture in North East Australian Football League - SportsTG

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast