Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ronke still looks out of sorts at this level, mostly playing forward. Clarke has had 18 disposals but looks hesistant and is wasteful with the ball.

Rose, Rowbottom, and O'Riordan our best at the moment.

Pushing for Selection
    Terrible watching . No urgency at all. Turn overs is the Swans trademark now. If you ever had a chance to break into the senior side now is the time. Scoreboard is flattering

Veterans List
    This looks more like the seniors.....

Clarke 35 disposals to three quarter time....will probably be back in the firsts next week.

Clarke is the worst recruit we have had in a very long time. Just crap. Not NEAFL, let alone AFL standard. Gives the ball up very easily and disposal is totally crap. I do not normally lay it on players but this bloke is taking money under false pretences.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

That was one sided. O'Riordan still our best. Rowbottom and Wicks did a few good things.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Terrible watching . No urgency at all. Turn overs is the Swans trademark now. If you ever had a chance to break into the senior side now is the time. Scoreboard is flattering
    Agree 100%! Such a disheartening quarter - Lions should (could) have kicked 6-7 goals. O'Riordan standing up but not many others. Only positive is Ling is getting more game time. He looks OK considering the amount of footy he has missed.

Rowbottom is a great tackler - he will back in in the Seniors pretty soon I think. Clarke's disposal is woeful.

Very similar to watching a senior match. Getting beaten around the ball, delivery into forward line ordinary, opposition comes out of defence way to easily. This lions team is predominantly made up of listed players and it shows. Put under AFL like pressure, our guys have wilted. COR, Rowbottom, Rose and Pink would be our best to 3/4 time. Ronke and Clarke look very average, in particular Clarke. How he has got this far in his career with such poor vision and disposal skills is beyond me.

Senior Player
    May as well stop watching - can't see because of heavy rain.

Currently on the train to the Gabba. I don't like the look of that rain!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Clarke is the worst recruit we have had in a very long time. Just crap. Not NEAFL, let alone AFL standard. Gives the ball up very easily and disposal is totally crap. I do not normally lay it on players but this bloke is taking money under false pretences.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    I agree Wolfie. Why did we recruit him? He is just not AFL standard.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I agree Wolfie. Why did we recruit him? He is just not AFL standard.
    We recruited him to provide some outside run and for his endurance. As I've said before, all well and good, but he not only needs to know how to get the ball and run, but also knows how to use it. His skills and vision are really shocking. Jack Hiscox was an elite runner but delisted for having average skills. His are actually better than Clarke's (go the Glebe greyhounds!).

Clarke finished with 47 possessions for a fantasy league score of 168! But most of those were rubbish disposals. Imagine how good he would be in he could improve his hand and foot skills?