Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

I thought I saw Thurlow limp off in the last few minutes of the game, but there was no mention of an injury in any report, which probably means he is out for the season.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fox out replaced by Dol

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Fox out replaced by Dol
    I'm guessing that he's in Melbourne as travelling emergency?

Looks like we are playing 23 today. James Brain (Blast from the past!) is also in, playing in jumper number 54

I really love that they stream the games via the Internet. It’s great that I can use my smart tv to watch it on the big screen

Why is this game not being shown or replayed on NITV though?

Veterans List
    Gee, Clarke really does butcher the ball, doesn't he.....

Stoddart and McInerney starting well

Amartey playing forward.

Pink cleaned up the goal umpire (umpire's fault for not moving)

I thought that Stoddart was our best in that quarter. 12 possessions; each one of which he used really well. Young Kizza was also busy. McInerney also using it well. McLean clunked a few marks; which is the strong part of his game. He can take them at pace, with arms outstretched. Missed a couple of gettable shots, though. Possibly the highlight of the quarter, though, was Wicks taking down their ruckman; like a lioness taking down a wildebeest.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I thought that Stoddart was our best in that quarter. 12 possessions; each one of which he used really well.
    I've been calling Stoddart to come into the senior side for some time now. We need a line breaker who can both run and kick us out of trouble in the back line. I hope his good form continues and forces the MC to pick him next week. He's great running the wing as well. Finds and hits targets in the forward line.

I see that Amartey is getting some time in the ruck again as well as playing up forward. Maybe there is a chance he'll be selected as our ruckman next week, albeit a slim chance..

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've been calling Stoddart to come into the senior side for some time now. We need a line breaker who can both run and kick us out of trouble in the back line. I hope his good form continues and forces the MC to pick him next week. He's great running the wing as well. Finds and hits targets in the forward line.

I see that Amartey is getting some time in the ruck again as well as playing up forward. Maybe there is a chance he'll be selected as our ruckman next week, albeit a slim chance..
    Yes, if they're thinking of bringing Amartey in, they would probably be giving him more time in the ruck. Although he was possibly our best player in that quarter; while Stoddart was best overall for the half. Of the others, Jack and Clarke are both getting plenty of it; with Jack being effective with his disposals. Wicks and Bell are providing plenty of pressure, but Bell has turned it over a bit. I also quite liked the game of Hirst in that quarter. Of the toppies, I think that McKellar has become a good, no-nonsense defender at NEAFL level, while up forward, Pawle and Barling have been handy. Menzel strangely quiet, so far. Maybe Will Hayward is starting to feel a bit more secure?

Knolls is not the answer to our ruck shortage. Amartey appears taller than his stated 197cm. He's a smooth mover and looks more the part than Knolls. Another option would be Pink in defence so Aliir can ruck and McCartain play forward. He's had a pretty good game and has progressed well as a tall defender this year.