Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

I did my acl two year s ago

Ur ITB tends to get tight after a recon due to placing too much pressure on the outside of ur leg after surgery ie compensation

The acl op tends to leave u feeling a little weak on the inner side of the knee

Hence one leaning on the outside of the leg muscles and making the ITB tighten from overuse

Only takes a little time to find the confidence and a lot of stretching / strength training to go back to normal

I’m 44

Love rock climbing regularly
    Hiking
    A little jogging
    Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Yoga
    Etc

Feels as strong as prior to reconstruction

Just requires me to stretch most days

Ps post op I was slow jogging after 9weeks no probs. Surgery these days is amazing

Dr Dave wood knee surgeon in Sydney is the best

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I did my acl two year s ago

Ur ITB tends to get tight after a recon due to placing too much pressure on the outside of ur leg after surgery ie compensation

The acl op tends to leave u feeling a little weak on the inner side of the knee

Hence one leaning on the outside of the leg muscles and making the ITB tighten from overuse

Only takes a little time to find the confidence and a lot of stretching / strength training to go back to normal

I’m 44

Love rock climbing regularly
    Hiking
    A little jogging
    Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Yoga
    Etc

Feels as strong as prior to reconstruction

Just requires me to stretch most days

Ps post op I was slow jogging after 9weeks no probs. Surgery these days is amazing

Thanks for the very useful info AG

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

I'm very happy with the wood knee from Dr. Dave as well.. His craftsmanship is superb.

Except for the termite infestation, the knee feels as good new. And I'm saving food money feeding my pet Aardvark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm very happy with the wood knee from Dr. Dave as well.. His craftsmanship is superb.

Except for the termite infestation, the knee feels as good new. And I'm saving food money feeding my pet Aardvark.
    Yes, but since there's less termites at sea, wouldn't it be a sensible financial option, for you to become a pirate?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, but since there's less termites at sea, wouldn't it be a sensible financial option, for you to become a pirate?
    Do aardvarks eat fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Do aardvarks eat fish?
    I'm not sure? But many larger fish would eat aardvarks; if that's any help?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    I am confused about UWS number 44. Shown as J Kelly and I think it was ugg that said it was Jackson Kelly, Paul Kelly's son. The stats for 44 are bolded indicating that he is on the UWS list which I don't believe Jackson is. The number 44 on their list is Jack Buckley. Was it Kelly bolded by mistake or Buckley misnamed that played?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I am confused about UWS number 44. Shown as J Kelly and I think it was ugg that said it was Jackson Kelly, Paul Kelly's son. The stats for 44 are bolded indicating that he is on the UWS list which I don't believe Jackson is. The number 44 on their list is Jack Buckley. Was it Kelly bolded by mistake or Buckley misnamed that played?
    The commentators referred to Kelly a few times during the game. Unlikely they'd have done that if it was Buckley playing. (Though less unlikely that they might have referred to Buckley if it was Kelly.)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

I thought Briggs was supposed to be quite handy and he got absolutely monstered by Amartey and Grassy. Am I missing something?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought Briggs was supposed to be quite handy and he got absolutely monstered by Amartey and Grassy. Am I missing something?
    He was injured, and only played about half the game. While he was on the field, Knoll seemed to get the better of him in ruck contests but that didn't translate into midfield dominance, largely due to how good Shipley was, especially in the first half. He dominated.

When Briggs went off, Knoll was noticeably ineffective against whoever he was opposed to, not so much in terms of getting his hand to the ball but certainly in terms of doing much useful with it. As the game wore on, Amartey took over more and more of the ruck work, which may or may not have been a response to how little of an impact Knoll was having.

Thanks Liz