Page 91 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,092 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I must admit that I am most concerned about our progress in re-signing young talent such as Jones and Papley than in any new potential recruits. If we are to move forward then we need to hang onto young talent. Teams that go into long periods of decline tend to struggle in the player retention area. We have been good in this area in the past decade. Let's hope that it continues.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think we should make a big play for Brodie Grundy. I dream of seeing him play in red and white.

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I must admit that I am most concerned about our progress in re-signing young talent such as Jones and Papley than in any new potential recruits. If we are to move forward then we need to hang onto young talent. Teams that go into long periods of decline tend to struggle in the player retention area. We have been good in this area in the past decade. Let's hope that it continues.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I do agree that should be the priority , but we need to be looking at who we can bring in to help lead this young team as well. To have arguably the best ruckman in the Comp would be a massive boost to our side and would see us contending for finals next year IMO. But I don’t see how we would manage to get his signature , he either stays at Collingwood or goes to SA, and I don’t think Port need another ruckman, so Grundy stays I think . I reckon Brandon Preuss probably regrets signing at Melbourne and perhaps they regret signing him . He’s good back up for Gawn but they can’t play in the same side together , and he’s too good to be playing 2’s . He’s only 24 and has the potential to be a top 5 ruckman IMO . Maybe we can all reach a mutually beneficial deal there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I do agree that should be the priority , but we need to be looking at who we can bring in to help lead this young team as well. To have arguably the best ruckman in the Comp would be a massive boost to our side and would see us contending for finals next year IMO. But I don’t see how we would manage to get his signature , he either stays at Collingwood or goes to SA, and I don’t think Port need another ruckman, so Grundy stays I think . I reckon Brandon Preuss probably regrets signing at Melbourne and perhaps they regret signing him . He’s good back up for Gawn but they can’t play in the same side together , and he’s too good to be playing 2’s . He’s only 24 and has the potential to be a top 5 ruckman IMO . Maybe we can all reach a mutually beneficial deal there ?

No way we get Grundy. We'd have to give up one of our own stars you'd think. I like the idea of Preuss though, provided we clear out some tall timber who are not likely to make it into the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    No way we get Grundy. We'd have to give up one of our own stars you'd think. I like the idea of Preuss though, provided we clear out some tall timber who are not likely to make it into the squad.
    +1
    Can’t believe Preuss moved from being Goldie’s understudy to bring Gawn’s.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I think we should make a big play for Brodie Grundy. I dream of seeing him play in red and white.
    Yes. I'd prefer him to anyone else in the comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Only Heeney, Parker and Rampe are untouchable for the purposes of a Grundy trade.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blakey.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    +1
    Can’t believe Preuss moved from being Goldie’s understudy to bring Gawn’s.
    The guy must be an idiot, wanted to move because he was stuck behind Goldy at Norf who may only have another couple of seasons left in him, to then get stuck behind Gawn at the Dees who has plenty of seasons left in him.

When I heard the trade last year I fell off my chair, couldn't understand it at all and still don't, an idiot, the guy is an idiot

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Thanks for this info too. I knew that Kyle trained here last year and I didn’t think that Josh had any animosity towards the Swans - just that he preferred to be drafted to a Melbourne-based club. It is certainly rare that a player prefers to be drafted to a different club than that of his father. I can only think of two - Josh and Blakey. There are probably others.
    Marc Murphy if one assumes that the Lions were the team his father played for.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    What do we do with Naismith then?

- - - Updated - - -

With a fit list our Ruck division is:
    Naismith. No 1.
    Sinclair. No. 2
    Knoll. Development.
    Cameron, Amartey: pinch hitters.

That's not the worst in the league. Do we really have to go after a big name Ruck?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    What do we do with Naismith then?

- - - Updated - - -

With a fit list our Ruck division is:
    Naismith. No 1.
    Sinclair. No. 2
    Knoll. Development.
    Cameron, Amartey: pinch hitters.

That's not the worst in the league. Do we really have to go after a big name Ruck?
    How long do we have to wait for Naismith to get fit though ? I don’t think Grundy is gettable for us but if he was you’d make it happen , our ruck stocks aren’t great even when fit . Not all of us rate Naismith as much more than a competent tap ruckman who offers noting in terms of marking , scoreboard impact , physicality or link up.

Isn’t he a free agent?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Isn’t he a free agent?
    No. Not yet. Just out of contract.

I reckon the chances of him leaving Collingwood in the near future are very low, while the chances of him leaving Melbourne (big footy city) to move to Sydney (small footy city, not home) are close to zero.