Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
The Swans and Horse have been ruthless where necessary. Dropping Pebbles and playing Goodes as sub until he volunteered to play NEAFL are a couple of examples. Cutting Tippett, Hanners and Rohan last year was another example of ruthlessness. And, I would argue, making players earn their games (Mitchell, Aliir, Dawson, COR, Cameron etc) is yet another form of ruthlessness. We're not giving games away. We want the players to DEMAND a spot. I think this integrity is an important component of a strong club culture. I would wager that Kizza is not getting any free pass and his selection is on merit in one way or another. It certainly not in our interests to be giving him games otherwise. I'm sure the match committee isn't so daft as to think otherwise.
This is his third consecutive season where he has been struggling for form so it's not like he's just had a couple of off days, I would argue that he has repeatedly been selected on reputation rather than merit given that as far as I can recall, he's never been dropped. He certainly hasn't demanded a spot for some time on form.

Since the beginning of 2018 he's had 2 games with more than 20 possessions and kicked a total of 10 goals. If you were to compare him with players in similar hybrid roles (Papeley 1 and 33 goals, Ronke 0 and 24 goals, Hayward 1 and 35 goals) he compares very poorly.