Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match Thread

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Thanks MattW for prompting this change of heart. Absolutely brilliant! 👍

I am also very glad that Ling is getting a few games strung together. He was drafted so long ago, that the hyperbolic expectations surrounding him on RWO had muted down to rationality.
    It would be great if he could make a debut this year, there's going to be some serious pressure on spots at the end of the year with the reduced lists.
    I suppose getting a back pocket player/tagger from a first round wick could be seen as a poor return on investment, but wasn't Crouch also a high pick? On the other getting nothing out of an early pick would be far worse.

Interesting that Mills has been helping Gould out, one usually thinks of mentors as being older.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I remember Ling throwing his weight around in the NEAFL last year. Which I would have been more comfortable with, if had some weight. Hopefully he's bulked up. I suspect that he'll debut in the not too distant future. And after seeing Lloyd live the last couple of weeks, I've been more impressed with some of his defensive work. Against West Coast, he even managed to stop Nic Nat from marking in the goalsquare.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, perhaps him and Kirky have formed a bit of a bond.
    Kirk is his one on one mentor, helping him adjust to the afl life.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Kirk is his one on one mentor, helping him adjust to the afl life.
    Invaluable member of staff, especially in tough times.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I thought Kirk was one of the staff stood down due to COVID?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I thought Kirk was one of the staff stood down due to COVID?
    Tadhg and Maxfield were the two specifically mentioned, though seems Perris might also have been stood down (from report on here of him getting a new job). Kirk is currently running in the senior matches.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Tadhg and Maxfield were the two specifically mentioned, though seems Perris might also have been stood down (from report on here of him getting a new job). Kirk is currently running in the senior matches.
    I saw Brett Kirk with his son at the end of the game v Eagles at Metricon. He was dressed in official Sydney gear with a lanyard around his neck.

Opti-pessi-misti
    At last the kind of news we want to hear. Great work MattW. Are you planning to let them how much we (all of us) appreciate it!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    At last the kind of news we want to hear. Great work MattW. Are you planning to let them how much we (all of us) appreciate it!
    Done!

https://twitter.com/mattlwood/status...517479424?s=19

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    * Too early to go for the El Tel moniker?
    No.....surely El Tay Tay?😂

Just watched Charlie Gardener's video on Swans website and his comments on the Scratch Match against Melb. It was as if he wasnt watcning the game and gave less extra info than what Laidlaw gave. Great pity and missed opportunity to give some of our lesser lights a lift in the eyes of the fans and club in general. Gardener should do more in his role, hopefully he will lift his game rather tgan saying "they all played well". No mention of Maibaum, Brand. Thanks again to MattW for stirring the club to give the rest of the Swans list a fair go

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Gardener should do more in his role, hopefully he will lift his game rather than saying "they all played well".
    Totally agree. This term has never been seen before on RWO. In fact, until you just posted it, I thought it was banned. I was quite surprised not to see "they all played @@@@"

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Just watched Charlie Gardener's video on Swans website and his comments on the Scratch Match against Melb. It was as if he wasnt watcning the game and gave less extra info than what Laidlaw gave. Great pity and missed opportunity to give some of our lesser lights a lift in the eyes of the fans and club in general. Gardener should do more in his role, hopefully he will lift his game rather tgan saying "they all played well". No mention of Maibaum, Brand. Thanks again to MattW for stirring the club to give the rest of the Swans list a fair go
    Brand still on injury list posted on AFL site today - another 2 weeks away. Also Melican another 1-2 weeks.

But would like to know if Maibaum played. I fear he is not yet showing senior form.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast