Page 135 of 529 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,609 to 1,620 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Adam Cerra from Fremantle wants to return to Victoria. Sydney is closer to Victoria than Perth, so we could offer Stephens. Pick 5 for pick 5?

Veterans List
    Twitter

.@Sammy__Edmund: "Jordan Dawson hasn't been able to get an acceptable deal. George Hewett and Dylan Stephens could be on the move. Sam Reid is also out.

"Luke Parker is 28, chasing a long-term deal around or above $700,000 a season, and other clubs have been approached."
    10:23 AM · Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited by 707; 24th August 2021 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Twitter

.@Sammy__Edmund: "Jordan Dawson hasn't been able to get an acceptable deal. George Hewett and Dylan Stephens could be on the move. Sam Reid is also out.

"Luke Parker is 28, chasing a long-term deal around or above $700,000 a season, and other clubs have been approached."
    Um, I doubt if we'd be making and publicising decisions like that, in the week before finals.

Twitter

Jeez that's a grim tweet. Made me feel mighty sad.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Twitter

Ol' Sammy's not renowned as the brightest. Take with a grain of salt, particularly because he thinks, on the eve of a finals series, when Reid is in the mix for selection, we've already told him and his manager he's not getting recontracted.

Sure . . .
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Twitter

Dawson is a must sign. Then it's down to what we have left in the bank. Good chance Reid will have to go, which will free up 500k+. I don't think we can keep both Parker and Hewett, which is why I think Hewett will be going. It's hard to imagine Parker leaving. I saw an ad with Luke and Kate in front of their (alleged) house and income house next door, so he's fully invested in Sydney.

It's hard to say how much more cutting we will have to do to balance the books. How do GWS manage it with Cogs and Kelly both on long term million dollar contracts?

We must have pushed a lot of salary into post Buddy years 2023 and 2024, which puts us into a bind committing to more long term contracts.

I would love to keep Stephens. Harley also mentioned him in the SEN interview and seemed satisfied with his development, noting his light frame requiring more development time.

If it came down to having enough to keep Parker and Stephens if we let Sinclair go, even without a backup ruckman, I would do it, and just go with Amartey, McLean and McAndrew as backups to Hickey. Then solve the ruck problem next year.

Maybe Covid will break the AFL and we can return to amateur sport. I wouldn't mind seeing player managers going on the dole.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 24th August 2021 at 07:25 PM.

Regular in the Side
    It is the time for a lot of messages fed from the "hard working" agents who would like to get their commission.

Its certainly shaping as an action-packed trade period for us once the finals are over!

Dawson and Parker are the two that we must keep. I can live with the rest going although in a perfect, no salary cap issues world, we would keep George and Stephens.

If we don't sign Dawson, I would go close to giving up on this club.

Twitter

So there is zero of real 'new' news in all that vomit lol. We all knew that negotiations were still ongoing with Dawson, after he said so much himself a few weeks ago.

We all knew Hewett and Stephens could be potentially on the market. No suprise about that.

And its been reported widely that Parker was after potentially a longer contract then we were willing to offer at this point.

So in reality, Sam Edmund has done nothing but basically consolidate info that was already out there.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    If we don't sign Dawson, I would go close to giving up on this club.
    WTF ltrust me if that's the biggest problem we've got its not too bad , try being a swans supporter under Buckenara champ

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

So in reality, Sam Edmund has done nothing but basically consolidate info that was already out there.
    His little brain has gone into total lockdown.