Page 2 of 325 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Just to step out of our own navel gazing for a moment

If you were a tigers fan would you be optimistic that their trades have put them back in a window?

3 premierships
    Same coach
    A stack of their core players still there

What intel does that provide about the teams that we are also competing against for a GF in 2023?

For me the Tigers and the Lions do really believe they are equally in a window and have recruited accordingly

I suspect we have a little more competition in 2023 than we faced in 2022

We need to keep improving if we're to have any chance making top 4 again. Melbourne, Geelong, Port & Pies have also seemingly improved their lists.

I have nothing against these premier teams improving their lists, but seeing this further gets up my goat how we were penalised & treated like criminals for recruiting Tippett and Buddy in successive years after our 2012 flag.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    We need to keep improving if we're to have any chance making top 4 again. Melbourne, Geelong, Port & Pies have also seemingly improved their lists.

I have nothing against these premier teams improving their lists, but seeing this further gets up my goat how we were penalised & treated like criminals for recruiting Tippett and Buddy in successive years after our 2012 flag.
    Amen.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

Still gets me angry. Fitzpatrick was very vindictive and threw a tantrum because Buddy didn't get to GWS. Childish.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Childish.
    Narcissism is sometimes described that way.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I see that Nathan Buckley has come around to Ludwig's position on ruckmen. Even though I'm not a Buckley fan, I don't mind Buckley jumping on the Ludwig bandwagon.

AFL 2023: Nathan Buckley says Dan McStay is more valuable to Collingwood Magpies than Brodie Grundy, trade period, match simulation, commentary, reactions, response, latest news

Luddite
    I wish we had a like laugh button under the posts

This could be your year of proof 😆😁

Round 3 Sydney ‘No Rucks’ Swans v Melbourne ‘Gawn/Grundy How-Do-They-Manage-Their-Salary-Cap’ Dees.

Should be a test of Ludwig’s Big Belief.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    For me the Tigers and the Lions do really believe they are equally in a window and have recruited accordingly

I suspect we have a little more competition in 2023 than we faced in 2022
    I highly doubt our youngish squad peaked in their upward development last season....most pundits seem to think we got to the GF a year early and I agree. Natural development will see us contending in a big way this year. Those teams have to catch up to us (and Geelong)....and they knew it, hence their targeted recruiting. We'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I see that Nathan Buckley has come around to Ludwig's position on ruckmen. Even though I'm not a Buckley fan, I don't mind Buckley jumping on the Ludwig bandwagon.

AFL 2023: Nathan Buckley says Dan McStay is more valuable to Collingwood Magpies than Brodie Grundy, trade period, match simulation, commentary, reactions, response, latest news
    I noticed that rucking is taken VERY seriously at Melbourne FC. Not only have they invested a huge amount of salary cap in Gawn and Grundy but the ongoing "interrogation [of Grundy] is a work in progress"! Jeepers. Are they going to be using racks and thumb screws?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I noticed that rucking is taken VERY seriously at Melbourne FC. Not only have they invested a huge amount of salary cap in Gawn and Grundy but the ongoing "interrogation [of Grundy] is a work in progress"! Jeepers. Are they going to be using racks and thumb screws?
    If they do get to use the rack, I can't help thinking that Hayden Mc might benefit from a few extra inches - make him a plausible relieving ruck.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Probably meant integration? Poor editing and missing a bad autocorrect is my suspicion.