Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rd 5 v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval

Veterans List
    4th option. Gould is not injured at all. The moon boot is a ploy to blindside the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    While I love a debut, I don't really get the Corey Warner debut this week... In our 2 VFL games he hasn't exactly set the world on fire stat's wise (if you compare him against say a Sheldrick) so it's a bit of a surprise for me.

Hope he plays a blinder though!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    He plays a different role to Sheldrick. He is a winger/HB. A wing is one of the hardest places to play. One day the ball is on your wing all day and the next week it is all on the other side. Wingers can have bumig numbers one week and low numbers the next.

Sheldrick is an inside mid. Always at the coalface. Following the ball around all day. Inside mids accumulate more disposals than any other player.

You simply can't compare a winger's numbers to an inside mid. Or a set position player like a flanker either. It isn't a fair comparison.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Based on Longmire’s answers it would seem that Roberts will also play but not Sheldrick. I wonder if Corey will debut as the sub. Not the ideal way to debut but beggars can’t be choosers.
    No. He is in the side

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They are different players. Sheldrick's strength lies in his contested, inside work. Warner's is long hard running, pace, and outside ball use (though that is work in progress, as it is for Stephens).

I guess the coaches decided they wanted another speedy outside player this week (or they are dissatisfied with one or more currently in the team, or one of those already in the team has an injury that we're not yet aware of). If they want to change up the inside mix, it sounds like Roberts has his nose in front of Sheldrick at the moment.
    I think Roberts has been sub for every match. He has the advantage over Sheldrick that he player d Senior footy in the SANFL. Sheldrick only played underage footy

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Very strange that our 3 key defenders are out yet Gould still can't get a game.
    He has been injured. In a Moon Boot last week

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He's injured. I think the fact he's been named is just to fill the emergency list.

I think we just have to accept that if Richmond deliver the ball forward with fluency, their talls are going to mark.

The focus needs to be on limiting their supply via extreme pressure, and - hopefully - more effective use than last week in our own forward line.
    No. Not to fill the emergency list. Gould trained a full session in our last training session. So only needs a fitness test

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I have a feeling that Gould was put on the plane for a family visit, with no intention of playing him. But there is an alternate theory that he's a long shot to come up for the game, but we will keep the option open in case of a miracle recovery. There's no logic in having a fit Gould as the sub instead of the 22 when we are down so many key defenders.

I'll offer a 3rd theory: We may be down on height, but at least all our defenders have AFL experience in defence and we didn't want to throw an inexperienced Gould into the cauldron having the responsibility of being our sole key defender in his first game. I can see that kind of thinking as part of the Horse-logic repertoire.
    Gould trained a full session in our last outing. He is a fitness test. Sensible not to name him in the team if he needs a fitness test.

Regular in the Side
    wh will play back/ 3 defenders out only 1 left yo play on their talls Fox. not sure whats going on.

I'm somewhat surprised we're clear favourites considering our outs compared to Richmond. Focus has been on them losing Lynch & Nank over us losing half our backline (all key defenders) & Buddy. Even our replacements are under injury clouds! Geelong really struggled when they lost half their backline at beginning of the season.

Hope Gould gets up to be sub. It provides break glass in case of emergency option with our undersized backline and good way introduce him to senior footy. Otherwise Sheldrick if Gould isn't fit.

McLean's selection allows Armatey to play full time forward double act with McDonald minus Buddy. First time since R2 when they combined for 9 goals and get to see if this combo really has an exciting future. Hopefully this makes us less predictable with our forward entries and also brings Heeney/Hayward more into the game.

Pivotal game, considering we have a resurgent Geelong the following week at Kardinia Park.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised we're clear favourites considering our outs compared to Richmond. Focus has been on them losing Lynch & Nank over us losing half our backline (all key defenders) & Buddy. Even our replacements are under injury clouds! Geelong really struggled when they lost half their backline at beginning of the season.

Hope Gould gets up to be sub. It provides break glass in case of emergency option with our undersized backline and good way introduce him to senior footy. Otherwise Sheldrick if Gould isn't fit.

McLean's selection allows Armatey to play full time forward double act with McDonald minus Buddy. First time since R2 when they combined for 9 goals and get to see if this combo really has an exciting future. Hopefully this makes us less predictable with our forward entries and also brings Heeney/Hayward more into the game.

Pivotal game, considering we have a resurgent Geelong the following week at Kardinia Park.
    Nice preview post. The Rampe omission surely tilts it to Richmond.

Massive, potentially season-defining game. I'm expecting to see the pressure levels high, with Parker and Mills leading from the front.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    Less talls the better, given the weather forecast.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

We are only favourites because the Melbourne footy media gave nfi about the Swans and only cover us very ssuperficially

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast