Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 14 vs Brisbane Lions at the GABBA, 5:50PM Friday 16 June

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Heeney delayed concussion, Franklin sore knee: Round 14 Team Selection, presented by QBE - YouTube
    Delayed concussion means Heeney will be out for 12 days. Realistically that's 2 weeks. I doubt he'll be rushed back into the side against the West Coast Witches Hats.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't know what they did in those skills sessions, maybe sat around and discussed the science of skills? But for all the good it has done they should have spent it getting fit. Our game plan relies on high fitness levels and we just don't have that. So players get run down or the next player in the chain is just not there because he ran out of gas. Solution please? Increased Fitness programs might help?
    Not making finals and having a full pre-season will no doubt help.....and it will help with injuries as well. I think with the big Bud gone (bless him), next year we will be back on track in many ways. Plus we'll get a full season out of Reid, who we have missed a lot this year, if he keeps up with his career trend of one season on, one season off.

Notice the positive vibe of this post?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th June 2023 at 10:40 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not making finals and having a full pre-season will no doubt help.....and it will help with injuries as well. I think with the big Bud gone (bless him), next year we will be back on track in many ways.

Noticed and appreciated

Veterans List
    Also this year we have had the hardest draw of any team....next year we will have a much easier draw. I'm really looking forward to next season. I'm hoping it restores my love of the game and my faith in this league. Long shot on that last hope?

Veteran Site Admin
    Also this year we have had the hardest draw of any team....next year we will have a much easier draw. I'm really looking forward to next season. I'm hoping it restores my love of the game and my faith in this league. Long shot on that last hope?
    We had the hardest draw based on last year's standings. This year's ladder is a fair bit different, so this may not have eventuated. Regardless, I don't think the draw has had much effect on where we are at the moment.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Not making finals and having a full pre-season will no doubt help.....and it will help with injuries as well. I think with the big Bud gone (bless him), next year we will be back on track in many ways. Plus we'll get a full season out of Reid, who we have missed a lot this year, if he keeps up with his career trend of one season on, one season off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Great news indeed. He must be punching himself. Hope he goes well and kicks a bag for us.
    God, I hope he's not punching himself - the way this season is going it'll see him sidelined for a fortnight with concussion.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

- - - Updated - - -

God, I hope he's not punching himself - the way this season is going it'll see him sidelined for a fortnight with concussion.
    😆😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed my typing error after I'd posted. I thought "punching" was a much interesting post than "pinching", so it stayed. Regardless of my choice of verb, I'm hoping the new kid has a solid game alongside the Amartey party.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Lose tomorrow and we're definitely gone so need to make use of the rest of the season like it's a prelude to 2024. Soon be time to put players out for "off season" surgeries early, try the most promising of the young players like Arnold if he shows well at ressie level, try players in other positions, like Stephens at CB's
    Probably also no point risking Tom McCartin for rest of this season, thinking longer term with his footy career and post footy.

Hope Will Gould also gets another crack, particularly with Rampe now back in the team whom he can learn from as his potential prodigue. Keeping in mind we have a number of older players in defence and the uncertainties surrounding the McCartins.

Campbell more midfield time. McLean's continual improvement as a strong marking KPF, alongside Armatey and McDonald.

Yes, I agree it's an ideal time to be creative. There is still alot to look foward to and get out of this season, even though it's increasingly unlikely will make finals.

Won’t make finals. If you don’t know how to weave and shimmy with the ball in hand, you’re cooked. Who’s the shimmy coach ?

Regular in the Side
    arnold whould have ben selected as well,back line too short without t mac.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    arnold whould have ben selected as well,back line too short without t mac.
    He may yer be the sub, though I doubt it as it should be either Dyl or Corey.
    However, there’s always next week!😊

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast