Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 16 - vs Geelong at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 30 June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe they are trying him in the inside role in the reserves. Trying to harden him up for seniors and don't believe he is ready yet. Big bodied mids are hard to come by. Roberts and Dyl are two of only four we have. Mills and Parker being the other two. I know Parker is not tall but he plays way over his height. Same as Gulden does.

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk
    They may well be, but I think he’s found his level like Gould just isn’t good enough to go to the next level

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    They may well be, but I think he’s found his level like Gould just isn’t good enough to go to the next level
    You could be right- some players just don’t make it at the top level. The frustrating thing with Dyl is that he has the ability but somehow doesn’t produce consistently. This is where coaching can make a big difference as well as trying different positions. It’s now up to Horse and Co to bring out the best in him. I’m sure he would want to make it at AFL level if at all possible.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    With Chad out, who’s our most dynamic and explosive midfielder, I wonder if Heeney will spend a lot of time on ball as a bigger, more creative midfielder - the way he played Carlton. My memory of Horse’s logic that day was with Mills out he needed some extra grunt and class in there.

I know there’ll be an argument that he kicked back into form as a forward last week, but I could have kicked goals against the witches hats.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I would play Fox as a defensive forward on Stewart.

Geelong are the physically biggest team in the league. It's hard to beat them in the air. The key to the game will be our pressure, as usual, and whether we can be effective moving the ball quickly down the the ground.

It's a very hard game to predict. So pivotal to the season for both sides.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    With Chad out, who’s our most dynamic and explosive midfielder, I wonder if Heeney will spend a lot of time on ball as a bigger, more creative midfielder - the way he played Carlton. ....
    Head to head with Dangerfield?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Whateley | 1116 SEN

Not sure of the best thread to put this in, as it covers a bit about tonight, a bit about last week, a bit amount the season in general, and even a bit about COLA.

It's a short(ish) interview with Hickey by Sam Edmund (standing in for Whately).

I am not sure if the link above will take you straight to the segment or not. You might need to scroll down the menu to navigate to the Hickey interview. But worth a listen.

Senior Player
    Thx for that. Affable guy who is paying a fortune in rent!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Geelong are $1.80 favourites with Jeremy Cameron and Chad Warner out and it being a Sydney home game.

Hope we get across the line.

Florent to the midfield and Fox to go in defence for me.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Clarke is the sub.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Heeney in the forward group’s on ground huddle so not expecting he will play much in midfield tonight. Mills with the midfield group after playing quite a bit up forward last week

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fox warming up with the forwards

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast